Hands on hatching and help

See if anyone can see the video using this link. You can see the constant heartbeat(?). But in the upper left hand side every now and then you can see almost like a chewing???

That is very good you can see where the beak/mouth is. The chewing does mean it is still absorbing and it does appear to be trying to breath. With that positioning it is unlikely the baby can pip properly to get access to air. If you are comfortable with it I would make a small tear in the membrane right where you can see the corner of the mouth. Have a tissue or something absorbent ready to dab up any blood. With how small the blood vessels are over that part there shouldn't be much bleeding and it should stop quickly. I've had to do this plenty of times with babies that weren't quite positioned right. If you can uncover a nostril at least so the baby has access to air once those blood vessels finish absorbing it will have a much better chance. This may turn into a full assist given the positioning but the only thing to be done now while it hasn't fully absorbed the blood vessels (and possibly yolk) is to basically make that artificial internal pip since the chick probably can't properly. Good luck, I hope it pulls through for you! :fl

That is very good you can see where the beak/mouth is. The chewing does mean it is still absorbing and it does appear to be trying to breath. With that positioning it is unlikely the baby can pip properly to get access to air. If you are comfortable with it I would make a small tear in the membrane right where you can see the corner of the mouth. Have a tissue or something absorbent ready to dab up any blood. With how small the blood vessels are over that part there shouldn't be much bleeding and it should stop quickly. I've had to do this plenty of times with babies that weren't quite positioned right. If you can uncover a nostril at least so the baby has access to air once those blood vessels finish absorbing it will have a much better chance. This may turn into a full assist given the positioning but the only thing to be done now while it hasn't fully absorbed the blood vessels (and possibly yolk) is to basically make that artificial internal pip since the chick probably can't properly. Good luck, I hope it pulls through for you! :fl
Wow. Thank you so much. I will try that once I get back home and re-check it. What if that isn’t the mouth? I mean, I think it is, but I’m not 100%

Wow. Thank you so much. I will try that once I get back home and re-check it. What if that isn’t the mouth? I mean, I think it is, but I’m not 100%

It should be from what I could see too. To see that swallowing in the video it is at least very close to the mouth. If we're wrong that small tear shouldn't hurt. The sooner you can do this the better. The chick is relying on circulatory respiration for air now but as the blood vessels recede it will not be able to rely solely on circulatory respiration and without access to direct oxygen it will suffocate. The blood vessels over the air cell are the first to recede so it likely still has some larger blood vessels further down the egg that are keeping it able to get enough oxygen for now. Hopefully those don't recede too quickly and it'll pull through with the help.

It should be from what I could see too. To see that swallowing in the video it is at least very close to the mouth. If we're wrong that small tear shouldn't hurt. The sooner you can do this the better. The chick is relying on circulatory respiration for air now but as the blood vessels recede it will not be able to rely solely on circulatory respiration and without access to direct oxygen it will suffocate. The blood vessels over the air cell are the first to recede so it likely still has some larger blood vessels further down the egg that are keeping it able to get enough oxygen for now. Hopefully those don't recede too quickly and it'll pull through with the help.
Awesome. I have my husband on egg watch while I’m out of the house. He’s loving it 🤣

I found the beak. Do I pull it out all the way. It’s juicy
B299A259-8C33-453A-BBFF-2D4FAF54EB1B.jpeg

Blood vessels have shrunk a lot since opening the membrane. It was opening its mouth a lot now it’s not. The membrane is getting hard and I’m assuming shrink wrapped. Anything g else I need to do or just wait and see?

Attachments

• E6949135-9A33-4E46-A309-5D5D921C841E.jpeg
    E6949135-9A33-4E46-A309-5D5D921C841E.jpeg
    377.2 KB · Views: 5
Started shrink wrapping so I got the membrane off sold it’s body but it is stuck to its head. Still not much active bleeding. I have it suiting up in its shell. It’s still breathing.
1C0C95B7-CD3C-4A8D-8D7A-06066037E5FD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom