Hanging magnet for sexing!!!

in pigeons you swing it above the bird. than you stop moving your hand and let it move on its own. head to tail means one sex and wing to wing means another, I forget which sex is which. I know it works on pigeons. I haven't tried on chickens

I bought this gadget 3 years ago on Ebay, tried it on 85 Polish Eggs , silverlace and blue bantam and tried this dangly bit .....not a ring.....but a magnet on a thin ribbon and ...hurray....only had 2 boys of 85 Eggs, which I wanted, to sell as unrelated Boys to another breeder.

I 1st tried it on some of my other Animals, where I knew the sex, Rheas, Llamas, Pygmy goats, Turkeys, Dog and Cats and other poultry. It worked great.
Now have Emu eggs and is even better, as they are very hard to sex, till about 18 months, or very expensive Vets, and maybe not even guaranteed so I have heard.

Why wait till they're hatched ? safe time and get more space for girls in Inci.
Calla

Last edited:
Now that some time has passed, I have been doing it my eggs before setting. It still has been about 95% correct!!!

Has anyone had experience with this? :)

Hi, I have heard this with a variation. You lift the chick up gently by the neck a male will bring his legs up and a female will let hers hang. Theory being the males will fight. I know someone testing it now. He is getting 75% accuracy so far. I have tried it . I normally get pol's so I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom