Hard to describe problem!

Well, last night got a little crazy with obligations with our kids and so we waited until today. We just finished bathing her and giving her a blow dry. It's sweet how much she seemed to enjoy it. She is normally our least human-friendly chicken, but she sat quietly and coo'd a little during the whole thing. When I finally got her clean so I could take a good look down there, I did not like what I saw. It appears she has a prolapse, but it also appears there is hardened poop encrusted over it. Hard to tell where her skin begins and ends so I am afraid to pick at it for fear of hurting her.. I am now reading up on prolapse and hoping to try and help her. She is a mess down below. But she is resting comfortably and privately in our puppy carrier with some fresh water and wood chips. She does not act like she is in any pain. I'll post a new pic, but beware. It's pretty gross.

your poor baby might help since she liked the bath to soak her bum in warm water with a splash of white vinegar in it

White vinegar is very good at breaking up things from goo to soap scum and even grease. that may help you Identify what still needs to be cleaned before she can be put back together.

Update!

I just checked on her and she ate all the apple I left in the cage and pooped some really healthy looking poop all over the place! This makes me hopeful that at least she is not all backed up. Going to bath her again shortly.

Update!

I just checked on her and she ate all the apple I left in the cage and pooped some really healthy looking poop all over the place!  This makes me hopeful that at least she is not all backed up.  Going to bath her again shortly.

When did you worm her last, what did you use, how much did you give and how many days did you give it?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom