Hard white poo like substance protruding out of call ducks bum

Barbaratheturkey

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2021
I noticed my 7 month old call duck acting weird and was worried she was egg bound as I know they recently started laying (we have 10 so not sure if she actually has yet or not) and when I managed to grab her a very hard poop like thing is protruding out of her vent. I lubed her up and soaked her in warm Epsom salt bath and then tried to slowly push it out. I tried with some tweezers and as soon as it broke open a little bit there was blood. It’s hard for me to take a photo as I’m by myself trying to deal with it. It definitely had brown poop on the end but the mass is white and very hard and like I said bleeding if opened. I am so very confused and have never had this happen. I can’t imagine it’s an egg, could this be something from her insides? I’m so worried and need any help I can get asap.

IMG_9714.jpeg

I managed to get a photo, the white is very hard and she is still pooping out the end as you can see but I don’t understand what that white is…

I’ve had her soaking now for an hour, just took her out and she’s eating and drinking. I’ll try soaking her again later on. I did lube it up but there’s definitely blood coming from it :(

Can you get a picture?
Oops I’m not sure that I actually replied to the comment so just wanted to say I posted a picture. Any advice is greatly appreciated, she’s been soaking in a warm Epsom salt bath for an hour and now she is in a kennel with water and food and seems to be eating and drinking but I am so concerned :(

Desperately seeking advice.
I’m wondering if I should be pushing it back in? I’m just so nervous I’m going to hurt her. Please if anyone can give me advice it would be greatly appreciated

Back
Top Bottom