Hard yolks I’m shipped eggs...

cowgirlup11

Chirping
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan Canada
I got eggs shipped to me that I set 6 days ago. When I candled them before setting all the air cells were totally destroyed. I thought I would set them anyway just in case. I allowed them to rest 24 hours beforehand and stored and incubated them upright. Day 6 I candled them and not a single one was any good. When we cracked them open we found three things. Either 1: They were totally scrambled! There was no way to distinguish the yolk from the whites.
2:the whites (if they weren’t scrambled) or scrambled mess (if they were) were reddish coloured? No bad smell.
Or 3: the yolks were hard! Like a really thick jelly that I could actually pull out of the egg with tweezers!
Why?! What could this be? And how on earth did they get THAT scrambled?!
I have eggs from other sources in the incubator as well and all are fine!

That's crazy about the scrambled yolk. I tried to do that trick where you shake and spin an egg around rather aggressively, which then you hard boil so you'd be peeling a solid yellow egg. I can personally attest that it takes A LOT of abuse to get it to that point. Even put one in a stocking, spun it around really tight in one direction and let it spin itself back around and that didn't do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom