HAROLDS STORY- the story of my rooster, harold

4 years ago, i dont know what day.
One of my hens went broody with 1 egg. The hens name was penny-loyal.
The hen was seperated from all the other chickens and put into another coop so she wasnt bothered. Soon a baby chick was hatched.We named it harold. Harold and his mom always would forage out with the other chickens. Harold never got picked on surprisingly. But one day a fox ran into our yard. Pennyloyal tried to protect harold...

We went outside. Baby harold was just alone outside. Harold didnt know what happend. We had to take baby harold inside, He was only about a week old. We put him in a dog kennel with cardboard on all sides so his pine bedding didnt fall, and so he didnt slip through. He lived with inside for a few months. He became best freinds with my cat, jack. He played with him. He also liked seeing our dogs. But after a few months we he needed to go outside. Soon we integrated him with our hens. He became a great rooster and was great at protecting his hens!

2 years ago. When harold was about 2. He was attacked by a dog. He had a big chunk of skin gouged out. He was bleeding and missing feathers. Our whole yard was COVERED in harolds feathers. But, we kept putting medicine on it, he was seperated from his hens, and hes all good now.

This last summer, harold also broke his leg. His big spur that curls a little got stuck in a fence about two feet high. He was hanging UPSIDE DOWN by his nail! It was so sad. His leg ended up, not breaking, but very hurt. He must've twisted it a lot. He must have been stuck for, at most, an hour. I still feel bad for that. He couldnt walk for about a week. Now harolds fine

Nothing has happend since, and hes a great rooster.

Harold is an amazing rooster and i hope you can appreciate his hard work, and sacrifices hes made for his hens:clap
He's a tough, magnificent rooster!🐓

Back
Top Bottom