Has anyone bred Lavender Orpington with Blue Laces Red Wyandotte?

So is your blue laced truly a blue laced? Or is he splash like most hatchery BLRW? Photo of my BLRW pullet that is actually a splash as an example. Matters for the cross. Lavender birds when crossed with any other color other than lavender will act as black. Lavender is dilute of black and recessive. You need two copies to get the lavender color.
If your roo is blue laced:
Half the chicks will be blue, half will be black. The blue ones will be self laced.
If the roo is splash laced, all will be blue and all will be self laced.
No red in the offspring.
All chicks from either cross will be split to lavender.😊
97E42753-F497-446D-8303-52AC68844930.jpeg

So is your blue laced truly a blue laced? Or is he splash like most hatchery BLRW? Photo of my BLRW pullet that is actually a splash as an example. Matters for the cross. Lavender birds when crossed with any other color other than lavender will act as black. Lavender is dilute of black and recessive. You need two copies to get the lavender color.
If your roo is blue laced:
Half the chicks will be blue, half will be black. The blue ones will be self laced.
If the roo is splash laced, all will be blue and all will be self laced.
No red in the offspring.
All chicks from either cross will be split to lavender.😊View attachment 2525437
I have majority splash hens but 1 blue hen.
My BLRW rooster is dark/black/brown phase. I might hatch some from dark rooster x lavender orp hen.
I am hoping they still have pretty lacing.

Post photos of the chicks. 😊 If they are self laced, you probably will not see it until they are feathered out.
If your rooster is black laced, then all the chicks will be black, likely no lacing and still split to lavender.

Post photos of the chicks. 😊 If they are self laced, you probably will not see it until they are feathered out.
If your rooster is black laced, then all the chicks will be black, likely no lacing and still split to lavender.
Aw darn. Like sexlinks? I may not do it if I end up w that color. Lol

Back
Top Bottom