Has anyone heard about the lebanon TN poultry show for this spring?

Will there be someone/people at this show that can identify *what* type of chicken i was sold just recently?
They were supposed to be Dominique/Domineckers(sp?)
but I don't think they are...
No, i don't have pictures of them..I have no way *to* take a picture...
I've looked on-line, and haven't found a GOOD, color photo/image (not a drawing or "artist's likeness").
They are about 4 months old (I think) , still have bright yellow legs, but are already WAY bigger than my Barred Rocks.

Just looking/asking to find out so's I can bring a couple to the show to get a positive ID...Thanks!

Quick question...

Is anyone going to the show looking for roosters ? I have 2 EE's and 2 Black-Tailed Buff Japs and 1 Mottled Cochin/mix cockeral who need homes...

Figured it couldn't hurt to ask!
wink.png

Dawn

Last edited:
This may well be the wrong place to post this, but since I only need people in my area (MiddleTN) to see it.....

I'm looking for Barred Rock ~pullets~

I went to the Poultry Show *and* Flea Market in Lebanon this weekend hoping to find some...
Nope... (but I did manage to get rid of the bogus Domineques I had)
Actually, I didn't see any, or I *missed* the standard size chickens at the show......all I saw were bantams...But, anyway...

I am NOT interested in 1-2+ year old hens(I already *have* old hens, I'm looking to replace them)...
NOT any other breed....Just the black & white speckled Barred Rocks.
And no baby chicks, please..I don't have the time or inclination to fool with them.

I you will have some soon, or know someone who does/will..please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:
There were very few standard-sized birds at the show. Just a few that were in the outside shed, in the same general area as the birds for sale. A couple of RIRs, a big Dominique, a Phoenix, a coupla cochins, and so on.

Quote:
My mom went (my little sister was showing some of her chickens) and said the same thing. Very few standard chickens, but LOTS of bantams. She did bring me home some patridge cochin chicks
big_smile.png
Apparently my sis' white silkie boy did really well, so go lil sis (she's 12 so it was extra exciting for her)

Oh I'm so jelouse!! i looked for that kind of chicks LOL.
fat possim if you look on creigs list you should be able to find them. Crystal

Back
Top Bottom