Has anyone tried Chicken Chew?

We tried the free samples too. My hippy chicks loved the hemp version, go figure. :) I probably would not give it as their only feed ($$$), but I might feed it as a supplement (because they loved it so much) if I could buy it locally and avoid shipping charges.

Crikkit--same here! My chooks all loved the hemp too! I tried it last night. Haven't tried the other varieties yet. But I looked through what was left of their dinner, and no hemp! LOL, hippie chicks! I also wish they sold it locally, and you're right--shipping charges are the real deterrent!

I think there is a pound of hemp seed in every 7-lb bag ... I looked up prices just for hemp seed, so the price for a bag of the feed is pretty good considering the price of hemp seeds alone. I actually e-mailed the company earlier today to find out whether there are options for local pickup, since it's packaged here in Houston.

Oh, you lucky thing you! To have it located so close to you! The seed looks good to me. And I did see the other ingredients on the bag like oats, corn, milo, oyster shell and pepitas. Seems it would be more interesting for the chickens instead of always getting the same thing (crumbles by Nutrena) that I get for them.

Back
Top Bottom