Has anyone used Temprid FX

Es_In_Miami

Songster
Apr 14, 2020
Miami, FL
We have a terrible carpenter bee problem and are considering Temprid FX. It's active ingredients are Imidacloprid 21.0% Beta-Cyfluthrin 10.5% My concerns are about honey bees (which we don't have nearby) and how this may affect the chickens and goats. Does anyone have any experience they can share?

We have a terrible carpenter bee problem and are considering Temprid FX. It's active ingredients are Imidacloprid 21.0% Beta-Cyfluthrin 10.5% My concerns are about honey bees (which we don't have nearby) and how this may affect the chickens and goats. Does anyone have any experience they can share?
I'm unfamiliar with that product.

But can offer.. used to combat termites by professional pest controls and regular mites by chicken keepers is permethrin based products.. Also affordable and easy to apply. Have you already tried it or seen it before?

Link is for example description..

https://www.epestcontrol.com/pest-products/759-4299-permethrin-10-multi-purpose-insecticide.html

It's sold in different concentrations from ready to use or must be diluted in another applicator/dispenser to the proper strength and under different name brands. Please note it's not safe for use on cats (or near fish ponds). I have still used it on other animals outside the presence of my cats though they would later be present.

While it's still a concern for those who raise honey bees.. they're highly domesticated and not the endangered species.

Mine was originally bought as "horse fly spray" for use to keep mosquitoes off my goats.. When I discovered mites or lice on my chickens.. not identified beyond the issue itself and also learned that permethrin was labeled as safe for use on poultry not requiring ANY egg withdrawal! It was also effective in MY experience.. though my experience wasn't with carpenter bees..

Uh we did also use it against an active termite incident where they were crawling out of the light sockets etc at my son's house the first year after purchasing for cash with no inspections and didn't see any future symptoms again.. or yet about 5 years later

Like with anything.. efficacy may vary by region.

I'm sorry this doesn't actually answer your question.

I tried to find those active ingredients on the list for egg withdrawal times but didn't see any results..

http://www.farad.org/publications/digests/122015EggResidue.pdf

I checked other sites for milk and meat withdrawal times also.. to help determine how I felt about using certain products.. like ivermectin, etc.. just for ideas that might also help you decide.

:fl

I'm unfamiliar with that product.

But can offer.. used to combat termites by professional pest controls and regular mites by chicken keepers is permethrin based products.. Also affordable and easy to apply. Have you already tried it or seen it before?

Link is for example description..

https://www.epestcontrol.com/pest-products/759-4299-permethrin-10-multi-purpose-insecticide.html

It's sold in different concentrations from ready to use or must be diluted in another applicator/dispenser to the proper strength and under different name brands. Please note it's not safe for use on cats (or near fish ponds). I have still used it on other animals outside the presence of my cats though they would later be present.

While it's still a concern for those who raise honey bees.. they're highly domesticated and not the endangered species.

Mine was originally bought as "horse fly spray" for use to keep mosquitoes off my goats.. When I discovered mites or lice on my chickens.. not identified beyond the issue itself and also learned that permethrin was labeled as safe for use on poultry not requiring ANY egg withdrawal! It was also effective in MY experience.. though my experience wasn't with carpenter bees..

Uh we did also use it against an active termite incident where they were crawling out of the light sockets etc at my son's house the first year after purchasing for cash with no inspections and didn't see any future symptoms again.. or yet about 5 years later

Like with anything.. efficacy may vary by region.

I'm sorry this doesn't actually answer your question.

I tried to find those active ingredients on the list for egg withdrawal times but didn't see any results..

http://www.farad.org/publications/digests/122015EggResidue.pdf

I checked other sites for milk and meat withdrawal times also.. to help determine how I felt about using certain products.. like ivermectin, etc.. just for ideas that might also help you decide.

:fl
Thank you. Yes, I have permethrine for the birds. The problem is the carpenter bees are eating the house. Permethrine doest have residual effect sufficient to deal with the bees. I woul have preferred elector psp, but the husband bought this stuff. Both are pricey.

Temprid, according to the manufacturer, is safe around poultry and other animals. It's not good for insects, at all. I guess I'm just being extra cautious. :)

Back
Top Bottom