Hatch-a-long! ~ Anyone setting 8JAN-15JAN??

Chick_In_The_Burbs

Songster
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Western Washington
Hi everyone! I just figure I can't be alone out here! I ordered some eggs and should be getting them around the 10th! It's my first time hatching with an incubator and I would love to have some friends who are hatching too!

So, anyone out there getting ready to fire up the incubator? :D

Last edited:
HI. I am on day 20 with several pips right now (8 of 26)...my first hatch with shipped eggs too (B/Wh Ameraucanas and Olive Eggers)...I do have shipment of Paint silkies coming the week of the 14th...probably won't set until around the 18th. What breed(s) are you going to hatch?
Cindy in Az

It's a mix bag of 18+ Olive Eggers, EEs, Marans and *potentially* true Ameraucanas. They ship out today and should arrive Thursday. :) I can't wait! This is my first ever hatch and the eggs are coming from Montana! Hoping that neutralizes the altitude issue. :D

Hi....FUNNY...that's where I got 13 of my 10 eggs from...Azriel was seller (Bonnie)....her eggs are awesome!! I now have 7 baby chicks that have hatched today and more pipped this evening...thus far only my first set Blue Wh/Wheaten Ameraucanas have hatched. I set them a day earlier than my Montana mixed bag bunch. My 4 yr old posed for a photo too (-;

It's a mix bag of 18+ Olive Eggers, EEs, Marans and *potentially* true Ameraucanas. They ship out today and should arrive Thursday.
smile.png
I can't wait! This is my first ever hatch and the eggs are coming from Montana! Hoping that neutralizes the altitude issue.
big_smile.png

Hi....FUNNY...that's where I got 13 of my 10 eggs from...Azriel was seller (Bonnie)....her eggs are awesome!! I now have 7 baby chicks that have hatched today and more pipped this evening...thus far only my first set Blue Wh/Wheaten Ameraucanas have hatched. I set them a day earlier than my Montana mixed bag bunch. My 4 yr old posed for a photo too

HI I have my own hatching thread going we all Set on and around Jan5/6. I was just popping in and saw that I have the same eggs from the same seller as the both of you. Shipping was quick they arrived a day early for me. I have 24 in the incubator now going on day4. Heres a pic of my pretty eggs

I hope you both have a good hatch from your eggs.

cbnovick- Id love to hear the results of your hatch on these eggs and see pics of your babies when they hatch.

I'm setting some this weekend... My first time hatching too! I'm completely excited but totally freaking out I'll do something wrong... :)

Welcome Everyone!!

That is sooo funny that we all have eggs from Bonnie! :lol: This is my first time hatching with an incubator too! I have a Farm Innovators 4400 Pro. DH got it for me for Christmas. :) So far it is holding the temp perfectly, I just need to get the humidity to hold better. It's so dry up here that all the moisture gets sucked up fast. I also have another thermometer/hydrometer coming to double check the readings. When they say, 'reference only' on the one on the machine, they aren't kidding! Internal thermometer reads 99.5 and the external one reads 91!!! I would be frying my eggs if I had set by that one!

I would love to have sermas some day, I just want more space for them. They seem to like flying and I don't think my neighbors dogs would be too understanding. :/

Back
Top Bottom