Hatch-Along - Hatching Day MARCH 25 (first time using incubator) ANYONE ELSE?

Saskfarmgirl- they are adorable! Congratulations!!
Happy Camper- OMG, so exciting!! ...and I'm jealous about your duck, hubby won't let me get any!

How do you stand the suspense?? I heard peeping this morning but now nothing. I have them in the basement and have probably gone down there 20 times already today (and a 3am check). Aaaaah, this is exciting but nerve wracking!

Yes just fine.

Did the one that pipped downward hatch yet?
Yes they are all fine and progressing
thumbsup.gif
... however they have all rolled over so at this point some that had upward pips are downward etc... 4 have hatched fine... they are from 3 different hens and same daddy (Don Quijote)- he's just gorgeous... but they all look pretty similar. I will post more pics when they fluff up.

Saskfarmgirl- they are adorable! Congratulations!!
Happy Camper- OMG, so exciting!! ...and I'm jealous about your duck, hubby won't let me get any!

How do you stand the suspense?? I heard peeping this morning but now nothing. I have them in the basement and have probably gone down there 20 times already today (and a 3am check). Aaaaah, this is exciting but nerve wracking!
BonnieJean:
Hope you find a way to sneak a duck into your flock... hahahaha... My hubby did not even want a flock and now is a fan...

I try to stay busy doing other things otherwise I'd spend the whole day in front of the incubator...

Last edited:
My last post of the day... which has been long and exciting... 5 chicks are in the brooder already and 3 more are still piping. Had to wet a little bit their little openings and help a little on one of them that was looking too exhausted and I don't really want to loose becasue it quit out of tiredness.

Hope to hear from you all and see pics of the final additions. God Bless our families and farms
woot.gif

I know have 5 chicks and can see 3 more on their way. I started with 9 each of welsummer and french black copper maroons that I purchased. I was very happy to see them starting to hatch as they got lost in the mail for seven days in freezing weather. Lost 5 from the start but things are looking good now. Will post pics later today when more little chicks pop out.

Little Dan- They are so cute! Congratulations!!

I had one pip last night and hatch this morning and 3 more have pipped since then, but nothing yet... I'm getting quite a workout up and down the basement stairs this morning, lol!

Back
Top Bottom