Hatch-Along - Hatching Day MARCH 25 (first time using incubator) ANYONE ELSE?

Congrats everybody! So exciting. Keep us posted.

I'm making a few modifications to my incubator and getting ready to set again Saturday. Hopefully I get more hens than Roosters this time.

The little Roos already have their wing feathers coming in.

Will try to post more pics today.

These are the little guys... I had to really help one hatch very late today. I am pretty sure he would have quit. It took him pretty long to stand and get his energy back. He was the 8th and is already in the brooder.

I am setting 4 turkey eggs and 2 duck eggs today
big_smile.png
. I'll post the Hatch-A-Long announcement today too...

These are the little guys... I had to really help one hatch very late today. I am pretty sure he would have quit. It took him pretty long to stand and get his energy back. He was the 8th and is already in the brooder. I am setting 4 turkey eggs and 2 duck eggs today :D . I'll post the Hatch-A-Long announcement today too...
They are gorgeous.

How did you hatch go? I did just the same this year. 9 eggs, store bought incubator w/turner. In the bator on the same dates as yours. Hatched 3 one died and now it's day 26 and still 6 eggs to hatch in there. They all were in good shape 3 nights ago and I actually heard a slight clicking with rythm from one but still no more hatching thought that was the heart beating!

How did you hatch go? I did just the same this year. 9 eggs, store bought incubator w/turner. In the bator on the same dates as yours. Hatched 3 one died and now it's day 26 and still 6 eggs to hatch in there. They all were in good shape 3 nights ago and I actually heard a slight clicking with rythm from one but still no more hatching thought that was the heart beating!
Were they chickens or duckling and poults? If they are chicks they are due on day 21 or 22 the latest... Ducks and poults day 27 -29... Should be on 28 but giving and taking.

My hatch went very well. All 4 poults and 2 duckies made it. 7 out of the 11 chicken eggs I placed in there too, made it.

I did turning by hand though. If they are 28 day hatchers give them more time... what are they BTW?

I saw one of mine in a nesting box and thought there was a new colored egg there the other day, but I though it couldn't be... I'm glad someone else is experiencing the same thing! I'm curious too- is it possible???

Back
Top Bottom