Hatch-Along - I have babies due on Tue. Feb 19 anyone else hatching same day?

Got up at 1 to check the incubator- no sign of any more pipping. Got up at 2- A CHICK! WOOOOOHOOOOOO! My first chick hatched at the farm!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

_Pam

I love seeing all of these adorable fuzzy butts! It helps (a little) to keep me from messing with my incubator... I have eggs due to be locked down tomorrow and hatch on Sunday. Nothing fancy, just whatever was in the egg box the day I decided to see if George and Harold are doing their duties. I am hoping to seperate George ( he's a New Hampshire) and my SLW hens to hatch some RSL babies soon.

Please help- Chick # 2 has the shell stuck to her bottom. Will that come off? It's been on an hr- she's been dragging the whole shell around. It looks like a thin piece of hair held to the shell with yolk. Can't open yet, have 2 pipped. Thanks- Pam

Please help- Chick # 2 has the shell stuck to her bottom. Will that come off? It's been on an hr- she's been dragging the whole shell around. It looks like a thin piece of hair held to the shell with yolk. Can't open yet, have 2 pipped. Thanks- Pam
Here is a pic (the hair wasn't part of it- it just crawled over it for the pic. It's stuck to it's bottom, which looks red and raw.

Back
Top Bottom