Hatch Date May 30th-memorial Day Anyone Else?

CarolinaKid 8

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 21, 2011
Darlington,sc
frow.gif
8 RIR EGGS DUE ON MEMORIAL DAY ----CANDLED DAY 14 AND 4 HAVE MOVEMENT ...
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I have 3 under a broody. It's her first time and going well. I candled them and one egg probably isn't fertile but the others are doing great!

Lisa

I have a OEGB sitting on six eggs and I am thinking they are due around the 30th....
fl.gif
that she hatches them...she has been really good about sitting on them and she isnt even a year old yet.

I have two first time broodys. Both year old barred rock. The first one is due about the 28th. We were out of town the weekend she started sitting. Her sister is about 10 days behind her. She started out with 8 and still has 7. The second one has 8. Hoping for the best. Excited!!!
jumpy.gif

I am so proud and happy to announce that I, uh, we, have success!!!!! Of 7, found one smashed egg on Saturday, then Monday morning we had our first fluffy yellow peeper
jumpy.gif
and now this morning two more
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Momma is not really keen on letting me see whats under her so I have been restraining myself. So still 2 eggs that I could see and one chick or egg that I couldn't see. These are both New mommies and kinda bird brained if you know what I mean. Like one evening we came home and she was sitting on new eggs in a different nest. So I have just been stumbling along but WOW, it works. They are all brown eggs and I have candled a couple times but really could not detect movement or anything except darkness opposite the air pocket end. I am just so pleased that her perseverance has paid off! My second mommie has about 8-10 days left. I feel like a bona-fide chicken farmer now!
wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom