Hatchery barred breed of some sort....

I have a golden Cuckoo Maran and she looks a little different from them. They have a lot of white for a Cuckoo Maran. I would most likely guess barred rock or a mix of some sort. If you'd like I can post a pic of my Cuckoo Maran chick, she's two weeks old almost if it'll be helpful
smile.png

When has that ever not helped? :D Of I'd like to see a pic! I think these kids are about 10 days old +/-, but really have no idea.

I only asked because I tagged someone who works for TSC and this person has been helping other people with basically your same "problem" figure out the breeds.

From what i gathered from the employees there, they don't order specific chicks, they get whatever they are sent, with a list of what they got. I should probably go back and ask for a manager to bring up their packing slip. That may be the only way... :p

From what i gathered from the employees there, they don't order specific chicks, they get whatever they are sent, with a list of what they got. I should probably go back and ask for a manager to bring up their packing slip. That may be the only way... :p

Yes I believe that is correct, but I am not sure that TSC actually keeps track of what they did get....check out those two other threads.

Hopefully byclover2 will be able to help you asap.

Last edited:
Yes I believe that is correct, but I am not sure that TSC actually keeps track of what they did get....check out those two other threads.

Hopefully byclover2 will be able to help you asap.

Thankyou, I did. I've been googling images of all the barred chicks that they could be and it's so hard to see any difference in any of them. Of the adults, the barred Leghorns and the Cali Greys look exactly the same. And it looks like the only real way to tell between BA's and CM's might be by leg color... bleh.

Thankyou, I did. I've been googling images of all the barred chicks that they could be and it's so hard to see any difference in any of them. Of the adults, the barred Leghorns and the Cali Greys look exactly the same. And it looks like the only real way to tell between BA's and CM's might be by leg color... bleh.

It's just plain sucks not actually knowing what you have huh?
I'm sure they are going to be great birds what ever breed they end up being.
hugs.gif

She's still got white, but not as much as she's growing I noticed. I got ours from my pet chicken, thankfully she's the only one that looks like a Maran so I got off easy. Not so much on some of my others. We have a few that I can tell which are which but our remaining Easter Eggers, Cream legbar, Light brown Leghorn, welsummer I have no idea who is who!

Here she is by herself at about a week old

Here she is now, at 12 days.

Here she is with some of the rest of her flock
smile.png

How many total of each breed you mentioned do you have?

Precios..all of them little fluffy butts!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom