Hatchery chicks...not sure which breed is which

chshafer

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 11, 2010
PA
i had put in an order for pullets....hatchery pullets....
2 EE
2 BLRW
1 russian orloff
1 partridge rock
1 welsummer

the blrw, orloff and one of the EE's were guess-able but im not sure which is the partridge rock, wellie and 2nd EE. being hatchery birds i wasnt expecting them to look perfect but they are....i guess very non-standard is a nicer way to put it. and one looks suspiciously male...

so here goes...ill start where im more confident...

russian orloff

BLRW #1- the blue is very light....hard to say its blue except thats what i asked for.... atleast she has pretty lacing

BLRW #2- i call her this by process of elimination....if nothing else she is interesting

EE#1-she does have fluffy cheeks....she dunked them in the waterer just before i caught her.

This is where im not sure whose who, the next three could be EE, welsummer or partridge rock, should be one of each. And i'm pretty sure the first is a roo

any guesses would be appreciated...i have some ideas but i dont want to influence opinions
smile.png

1- Dominique, definitely not a Russian Orloff, looks like pullet
2- BLRW of the splash variety
3- BLRW
4- EE pullet
5- Partridge Rock cockerel
6- Partridge Rock pullet
7- Welsummer pullet

not sure on the gender on the BLRW

i got them from a local feed store...not sure what hatchery, possibly hatcheries, they got them from. they have "chick days" where once a year they take a TON of orders then you go and pick up your birds. they are priced really well because so many are ordered at a time. they are all in labeled bins so in theory they should be what i ordered. i agree with Peeka52, the "orloff" doesnt really look like one but assuming they gave me a chick from the correct tub its just not a great one...once "she" starts laying egg size/color will help determine what she really is.

Back
Top Bottom