Hatchery ordering. It's a wonder they make it alive to us! (My Cackle Hatchery experience.)

I am on pins and needles. I received an order of 47 from mcmurray hatchery on Wednesday. 32 were dead. It was such a horrible site and loss. Poor babies. I now get a text tracking update at 4:50 this morning saying my replacement chicks left the local sort facility. Where do they head now?? I'm sitting at the closed post office waiting to see if a delivery truck comes today.

I am on pins and needles. I received an order of 47 from mcmurray hatchery on Wednesday. 32 were dead. It was such a horrible site and loss. Poor babies. I now get a text tracking update at 4:50 this morning saying my replacement chicks left the local sort facility. Where do they head now?? I'm sitting at the closed post office waiting to see if a delivery truck comes today.
wow sorry to hear that ..hope the new shipment makes it safe and sound..i wounder was it due to the holiday do you think..if so you would think they would try to avoid sending any birds out on the weeks when they know the post office is not working..its been real nice here , i wonder if the heat had anything to do with it..i bet they get there today and you still have to wait till tomorrow to pick them up ..

i have nothing bad to say about the post office but when my birds were deliverd and i went to pick them up .one of the workers said oh baby chicks lets open them up and hold some ..i hurried up and signed for them then got out of there ..i did exsplain that ya shouldnt be picking them up until they are in their brooder for 24 hrs..i felt like i mite as well be talking to the wall..she still asked if she could hold one ..

Last edited:
31 babies arrived safely this morning! Postmaster and I very happy. All under their lamps eating and drinking well. They are separate from last Wednesdays survivors for now...who didn't know what to make of the new noise. I'm so relieved!

31 babies arrived safely this morning! Postmaster and I very happy. All under their lamps eating and drinking well. They are separate from last Wednesdays survivors for now...who didn't know what to make of the new noise. I'm so relieved!
I have seen other victims of the postal office on holidays. I was relieved to see yours go in the positive direction even after such a hard time didn't so much. Glad to see that all and even the extra made it and they are safe and able to bring fun to the hopeful bunch!

Back
Top Bottom