sjhart18

Chirping
Feb 22, 2021
Vermont
So this is crazy, but I've seen on here that it can work, so here goes nothing.

My incubator has been a little inconsistent the first day of having eggs in it. My infrared thermometer read egg temperatures ranging from 98 to 102.2 degrees F, and I have more eggs coming in a few days. So assuming I haven't already cooked them, I'm going to incubate one egg from this first batch, and one from the next group.

The infrared thermometer says the skin between my boobs is 101 degrees, and the first quail egg has been in there for two hours and seen to be holding steady at 99.4 degrees. Here's hoping everything works out!

It's super hard to candle quail eggs but I'll certainly try in order to tell if this baby is developing!

So this is crazy, but I've seen on here that it can work, so here goes nothing.

My incubator has been a little inconsistent the first day of having eggs in it. My infrared thermometer read egg temperatures ranging from 98 to 102.2 degrees F, and I have more eggs coming in a few days. So assuming I haven't already cooked them, I'm going to incubate one egg from this first batch, and one from the next group.

The infrared thermometer says the skin between my boobs is 101 degrees, and the first quail egg has been in there for two hours and seen to be holding steady at 99.4 degrees. Here's hoping everything works out!

It's super hard to candle quail eggs but I'll certainly try in order to tell if this baby is developing!
😂 lol careful not to accidentally crush it. Good luck.

Had to restart after a false start, but I’m on day 12 with the new batch and things are looking good! Lots of vasculature and most of the quail egg is dark at this point

Back
Top Bottom