Hatching and maybe stuck?

Cheeky Chickens

Hatching
Jul 6, 2015
Hello! Am very new to incubating, I have got three eggs that are due to be hatching now.

2 of them have pipped but not had any more movement from them, I saw this at 6am this morning so it could of happened anytime from when I went to bed 11pm till 6. Now 3 in the afternoon and nothing. Is this normal?

The last one pipped last night at around 5/6pm, has made a small ish hole and is breathing and occasionally cheering. He had membrane over his beak but that's out the way now (he did it) but I've noticed that's he's blowing bubbles, which as a novice doesn't seem right. Do I intervene? I know you shouldn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)))

Hello! Am very new to incubating, I have got three eggs that are due to be hatching now.

2 of them have pipped but not had any more movement from them, I saw this at 6am this morning so it could of happened anytime from when I went to bed 11pm till 6. Now 3 in the afternoon and nothing. Is this normal?

The last one pipped last night at around 5/6pm, has made a small ish hole and is breathing and occasionally cheering. He had membrane over his beak but that's out the way now (he did it) but I've noticed that's he's blowing bubbles, which as a novice doesn't seem right. Do I intervene? I know you shouldn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
smile.png
))
Often it can take up to 24 hours. I usually check mine around 18 hours to make sure they are positioned and not distressed then leave them until 24. My personal decision is not to let them go past 24 hours without starting and assist. I would say if you haven't, read the assisted hatching guide here in BYC and then you be the judge. Just remember, if you see prominent veining, they aren't ready. Stop and wait it out.

So, the first one hatched a few hours ago and the second about an hour ago :))) yay!! Just waiting on the third now! Which I will expect will be out by the morning! Thanks again for everyone's help, after 2 unsuccessful hatches I was naturally a bit aprehnensive!! Xx

Back
Top Bottom