hatching duck eggs help...

Quote:
Yes I get those too, ones that you just cant help fall in love with and cant bear to part with after bonding with them during the hatch.

I hatch for orders as well as for myself, and there are times I will keep an extra special one back. Sometimes it turns out that their really is something extra special about some of them. I tagged one that hatched on my birthday a few months ago- and she has turned out stunning. She will definitely be in a show pen next year. My daughter helped one little fellow last week when it was having difficulty, so little Merlin will be staying here for a while too, we have tagged his tiny leg with a pigeon ring so we dont get him mixed up, but every time I look into the brooder- I know Merlin straight off in the crowd of 8 little fuzzy faces.

Last edited:
ok so I'm not the only one with "sentimental issues" then. This one peeps and then stops. As if listening for me to answer, then I say "peep peep" and he goes crazy. If he could talk he would say, "get me outta here!!"

I think it's mine. I hope it's a female. LOL!

I am so excited for you!!! Take pictures of the little one that is peeping at you when she/he hatches!!

Yep...They sure keep you waiting...

I had one out last night- and another one in the morning... I hope that when I get home from work there will have been some action from the remaining 4 eggs. At least here at work I have something else to occupy my mind.

Any cracks in the shells yet on yours QJF ??

Hey, is this a thread I can join?
lol.png

Quote:
Oh DuckGirl.. what a silly question. Come on in!

Well, I didnt want to invite myself... Lol! From what I know of all my duck eggs are still alive! I need to candle today... The whole reason I started ducks was for a church project, then I fell in love and forgot about the project and now need to finish it
lol.png
and its due on the 12th this month, and the eggs sbould be hatching on the 10th this month, anf I will be bringing a duckling or two (if they hatch then) for the setup so the people can see what I did! Really excited! Now, how to make a duck diaper... Jk.... Lol..... Going to candle!

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh DuckGirl.. what a silly question. Come on in!

Well, I didnt want to invite myself... Lol! From what I know of all my duck eggs are still alive! I need to candle today... The whole reason I started ducks was for a church project, then I fell in love and forgot about the project and now need to finish it
lol.png
and its due on the 12th this month, and the eggs sbould be hatching on the 10th this month, anf I will be bringing a duckling or two (if they hatch then) for the setup so the people can see what I did! Really excited! Now, how to make a duck diaper... Jk.... Lol..... Going to candle!

Ok, I have to know. What kind of church project requires baby ducklings?

Back
Top Bottom