Hatching Duck eggs....I messed up...UPDATE.....#1

Quote: I have the same incubator....Bought from the Hatchery my friends family runs....Was recommended and was told here, I do not need the meter and I turn my own eggs...The most exhausting time consuming thing I have ever done......Worse than waiting for my Dog to Whelp.....lol..........

Thank you so MUCH......

Cheers!

I have the same incubator....Bought from the Hatchery my friends family runs....Was recommended and was told here, I do not need the meter and I turn my own eggs...The most exhausting time consuming thing I have ever done......Worse than waiting for my Dog to Whelp.....lol..........

Thank you so MUCH......

Cheers!

LOL! Hand-turning eggs...I can totally relate. I've only incubated Muscovy eggs to date (and lots of chicken eggs), but did several sets last year: 35 days of anticipation and turning 3xday - you get pretty personally invested. My first try with shipped eggs was a total bust...fortunately, it got much better with my own flock's eggs after that!

I bought a Little Giant autoturner (it was about $10 cheaper than buying the Hova-Bator one) and it works great with the incubator.

Will look forward to seeing pics of the little guy soon!

I updated the news in my OP....lol.......What a time I am having......The Funny Farm FOR SURE!....
gig.gif

I have a buyer for my Chicken Chicks and a home for Ducklings depending on my hatch?.....I have been awake since 1 am fretting over these eggs and all my mistakes.....Who knew these Duck eggs would waking me up at night? My Ducklings are usually the ones getting me out of bed......

Cheers!

New and very exciting information........I know who the Hen is that laid Bouncers egg.....I almost fainted..She was quacking at 4 am so I went out to the garage and out popped a green egg......It is my white Call hen that I was told is infertile and has never laid an egg in over a year...I took her because she is so cute.....Wow..I must be feeding her right or something?...I can Hardly wait to tell my Pal that Penelope not only lays eggs, she is fertile too!!...lol.....
wee.gif
....Now I can hardly wait for this egg to hatch.....I wont ever sleep till this egg hatches......

Gotta love Ducks!

Last edited:
New and very exciting information........I know who the Hen is that laid Bouncers egg.....I almost fainted..She was quacking at 4 am so I went out to the garage and out popped a green egg......It is my white Call hen that I was told is infertile and has never laid an egg in over a year...I took her because she is so cute.....Wow..I must be feeding her right or something?...I can Hardly wait to tell my Pal that Penelope not only lays eggs, she is fertile too!!...lol.....
wee.gif
....Now I can hardly wait for this egg to hatch.....I wont ever sleep till this egg hatches......

Gotta love Ducks!
highfive.gif

New and very exciting information........I know who the Hen is that laid Bouncers egg.....I almost fainted..She was quacking at 4 am so I went out to the garage and out popped a green egg......It is my white Call hen that I was told is infertile and has never laid an egg in over a year...I took her because she is so cute.....Wow..I must be feeding her right or something?...I can Hardly wait to tell my Pal that Penelope not only lays eggs, she is fertile too!!...lol.....:weee ....Now I can hardly wait for this egg to hatch.....I wont ever sleep till this egg hatches......

Gotta love Ducks!
Neat story! They sure are full of all kinds of surprises. :ya

New and very exciting information........I know who the Hen is that laid Bouncers egg.....I almost fainted..She was quacking at 4 am so I went out to the garage and out popped a green egg......It is my white Call hen that I was told is infertile and has never laid an egg in over a year...I took her because she is so cute.....Wow..I must be feeding her right or something?...I can Hardly wait to tell my Pal that Penelope not only lays eggs, she is fertile too!!...lol.....:weee ....Now I can hardly wait for this egg to hatch.....I wont ever sleep till this egg hatches......

Gotta love Ducks!

I'm interested to see how a Call x Welsh Harlequin turns out! Good luck :)

Quote: I am even more excited if that is possible?..I will be keeping this Duckling for myself..lol......I did my final candling on the egg this morning and can not see much of anything at all...The air pocket seems right for day 21?....I will move these other 3 Duck eggs to the Broody Hen on Thursday night.....Lock down is Friday morning....I am a total nervous wreck waiting and hoping this egg hatches without any complications and the Duckling comes out like all Ducklings should........
I will post pictures as soon as it hatches......Fingers crossed.........

Cheers!

I spoke to a friend....She said to put the other eggs under my Broody today and drop the humidity to 40 till lock down day...I am on day 21 with this egg.....

Please advise as this is getting complicated with all the different advise......All I want is this egg to hatch.....Wow...Very stressed....

Right now Humidity is at 53%....Temp at 99.8....Am I doomed??..Should I drop humidity till lock down????...I took the others to my Hen...She loves them......Great NEWS!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom