Hatching Duck eggs....I messed up...UPDATE.....#1

Pics
The Pooper gang!
Oh my gosh I am in love!!
love.gif

Bouncer looking over at the Pooper gang and scared!
Aww Bouncer is so big Love that lil dickens? even if he is a scardy duck.
I know, we all love the silly Duck.....My Husband and my Sons are so worried about Bouncer moving out to the garage brooder once it's made....we will slowly transition him out there....He will still come inside to sleep at night in his tote....He is scared of the dark and then also cries for me if he gets sad or scared.....i really do not recommend raising a lone Duckling...Although he is well loved he should of had a Duck friend...If the weather was better I could of put him out with the big Ducks, they all love him......oh well, I am doing the best I can with the current situation and he will learn to be a Duck when he is ready.....

I know, we all love the silly Duck.....My Husband and my Sons are so worried about Bouncer moving out to the garage brooder once it's made....we will slowly transition him out there....He will still come inside to sleep at night in his tote....He is scared of the dark and then also cries for me if he gets sad or scared.....i really do not recommend raising a lone Duckling...Although he is well loved he should of had a Duck friend...If the weather was better I could of put him out with the big Ducks, they all love him......oh well, I am doing the best I can with the current situation and he will learn to be a Duck when he is ready.....
Yes he will be fine, I had a lone duckling like Bouncer my Opie he transitioned just fine but the nights were the worst for me I would put him in his stall and have to listen to him crying for me and trying to get out. This was June though and he was 12 weeks old when he finally went out for good.

Your Bouncer will be fine. When he is ready.

Yes he will be fine, I had a lone duckling like Bouncer my Opie he transitioned just fine but the nights were the worst for me I would put him in his stall and have to listen to him crying for me and trying to get out. This was June though and he was 12 weeks old when he finally went out for good. 

Your Bouncer will be fine. When he is ready. 

Thanks so Much Miss Lydia.....Yes, Bouncer will be fine once he is ready to be a big Duck......

I actually named my one little Ducky after you....I am sure it is a girl....I call her Lydia......lol

:)

Thanks so Much Miss Lydia.....Yes, Bouncer will be fine once he is ready to be a big Duck......

I actually named my one little Ducky after you....I am sure it is a girl....I call her Lydia......lol

smile.png
Aww how sweet.Thank you. Opie was one happy boy when we went and got him 3 girls of his very own soon after we put him outside. Once Bouncer gets to know your new lil ones he will love them to pieces.

It has been confirmed........

The lady I got My Drake from finally contacted me.....He is a Pure Appleyard.......The Buff Hen is a Pure Buff.......She stopped talking to me when I stopped selling Ducklings for her.....I kept the three she brought me to sell the last time and she got a bit choked because I did not want to sell anymore.......Anyways.....The Appleyard hen was a rescue that was attacked by Fox.......That lady who rescued them was as clueless as me! ;)
All I knew was she was a Duck that needed my help......I sent her a photo of Petunia and she said yes, she is a Appleyard Hen.......

So Ravyn was totally correct.......My flock is a breeding pair of Silver Appleyards, a Buff Hen and my Three Calls.........

Are you all confused?....... She actually congratulated me on my Ducklings I hatched.......

Fun times here on the Funny Farm........lol......:)

Glad to help! :D

I just knew something was bugging me about the colors, lol... your ducklings are what confirmed it!

That also confirms, your Buff is Bouncers mama!! :ya

Just venting......
The Lady that was buying four of my Poopers is not a lady, she is 14 and thought she could come here with her boyfriend to pick up the Ducklings for her Mom...I asked to speak to the Mom because I was thinking it was a young person the last text I got.....She admitted she was told absolutely no way was she getting Ducks by her parents.......Holy Cow...Four of my babies could of ended up in the wrong hands.....

Makes me mad........:([/quote

Good checking!!!

No, that means Bouncers mom is my Appleyard.......He is a pure Appleyard....Daisy my Buff lays the white eggs......That makes Bouncer a Drake .......i only had two white eggs.....All the Apple yards are out of green eggs.......

Cheers!....:)

The lady I got My Drake from finally contacted me.....He is a Pure Appleyard.......The Buff Hen is a Pure Buff.......She stopped talking to me when I stopped selling Ducklings for her.....I kept the three she brought me to sell the last time and she got a bit choked because I did not want to sell anymore.......Anyways.....The Appleyard hen was a rescue that was attacked by Fox.......That lady who rescued them was as clueless as me! ;)
All I knew was she was a Duck that needed my help......I sent her a photo of Petunia and she said yes, she is a Appleyard Hen.......

So Ravyn was totally correct.......My flock is a breeding pair of Silver Appleyards, a Buff Hen and my Three Calls.........

Are you all confused?....... She actually congratulated me on my Ducklings I hatched.......

Lol I did think it was kinda unusual that your 'Welsh Harlequin' drake had eye stripes...... Also congrats on your amazing hatch! 100% is great! :)

Lol I did think it was kinda unusual that your 'Welsh Harlequin' drake had eye stripes...... Also congrats on your amazing hatch! 100% is great! :)

Lol.....Thanks....I am still shocked at my success having all the Babies hatch without any issues......

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom