Hatching Duck eggs....I messed up...UPDATE.....#1

Dear Chickens Really,
I have some things to say to you, please. Firstly, you undertook a herculean task, when you decided to hatch your own ducks. WHAT COMMITMENT!!! All I can say to this is, "I take my hat off to you!"
More to the present: you have one EXCELLENT dog! Thanks so much for including a photo. What a GREAT herder and savior of ducks. Personally, I have an Aussie cattle dog, and he (Wendell) keeps my little ranch in order. We often have partial herds of cattle roaming through, and first thing in the morning, Wendell will shoot out the door like a bullet, then somehow compress the cattle into a tight circle, and finally, he drives the circle of cows off into another field. It is like a ballet, and it is beautiful.
Finally, your comments, stories, and sharing do justice to this forum. THANKS!
I wanted you all to see Wendell, so I am posting a photo of me goo'boy.
Thanks again,
Gil
Mr.Photogenic.jpg

Dear Chickens Really,
I have some things to say to you, please. Firstly, you undertook a herculean task, when you decided to hatch your own ducks. WHAT COMMITMENT!!! All I can say to this is, "I take my hat off to you!"
More to the present: you have one EXCELLENT dog! Thanks so much for including a photo. What a GREAT herder and savior of ducks. Personally, I have an Aussie cattle dog, and he (Wendell) keeps my little ranch in order. We often have partial herds of cattle roaming through, and first thing in the morning, Wendell will shoot out the door like a bullet, then somehow compress the cattle into a tight circle, and finally, he drives the circle of cows off into another field. It is like a ballet, and it is beautiful.
Finally, your comments, stories, and sharing do justice to this forum. THANKS!
I wanted you all to see Wendell, so I am posting a photo of me goo'boy.
Thanks again,
Gil View attachment 1112792

Thanks so much....Your dog is a beauty ....Yes, Bindi loves to work, either herding or guarding ...She is a fantastic girl! She earned her stripes today !!!
I am happy to hear your Dog also loves his job...Its so important to them...

Thank you!

Two years ago was the first attack ....Fox is always around..I got too sloppy with my Birds....Totally my fault because my Birds were free ranging without my trained Dogs out to protect them...Have not had attacks till yesterday...
Yes, now that the fox got a meal it will be here daily till my Husband can kill them all....
Never let your guard down with predators...Especially when you know they are around....
Two years ago my Husband shot the Male....She has more kits so possibly dealing with 5 or more Fox?.....
Devastating when it can be prevented ......I failed my Flock....

Fish and Wildlife have been contacted...They will have an officer Call me back.. Being we know where the Den is located they will remove all fox...:weeThey just need a full report and contact the guy next door about them removing the pests...:highfive:.......:yesss:

Back
Top Bottom