Hatching egg with flystike

Mooocoow7

Songster
May 1, 2020
Norcal
So I have a baby, egg was hatching, and flys got to it and when I saw it it was filled with baby maggots. I took it inside, broke the shell, put it under a heat lamp and flushed the maggots off. There was one in its nose and another in its mouth I couldn't get. And it's navel/umbilical thing is still kinda open in the body. Is there a chance it can make it or should I put it out of its misery.

Here's the little guy. Won't stay still.

Attachments

• IMG_20230607_155527_652.jpg
    IMG_20230607_155527_652.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 8
Can you get a photo of the navel? Depending on the degree of healing, it may survive as long as no infection sets in. If it is too raw, prolapse is likely to occur. Do you have triple antibiotic ointment? That's what I'd reach for in this situation.

Can you get a photo of the navel? Depending on the degree of healing, it may survive as long as no infection sets in. If it is too raw, prolapse is likely to occur. Do you have triple antibiotic ointment? That's what I'd reach for in this situation.
Its still hooked up to the egg kinda. Should I cut it or no.

Here's the picture

Attachments

• IMG_20230607_161825_327.jpg
    IMG_20230607_161825_327.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom