Hatching Eggs By The Moon Thread

thanks for the update i am setting some on the 28th for the moon again...the last batch hatched 39 and they are growing and going ......
jumpy.gif
....i also set some the 24th to see if i can tell any difference.....happy hatching everyone..

My friend at work's grandfather usually sends word thru him to me that I should or should not set eggs... LOL...
but he says always set to hatch at the waxing full moon...
that has not worked so well for me... :-(
but he also says that a lightning storm will kill the embryo's... and that did happen to my broody hen... :-(

so, now, I found this thread today, after setting 50 eggs last night...
which is three days early...

oh, how we tempt fate...
may the gods be with my chicks... or may they hatch late...
what is my chances of having luck???

well some of you might be upset with what i have to say but it has to be said i went looking for the new 2012 old farmers almanacs and no one has them yet so i had to buy it online at their site
and turns out there is 4 almanacs
National Edition times are fitted for Boston, MA
Southern Edition times are fitted for Atlanta, GA
Western Edition times are fitted for San Francisco, CA
The Canadian Edition features special Canada-specific content not found in U.S. versions of the Almanac

the one i bought from tractor supply last year i just happened to open it up and turns out the one i bought is for Boston, MA and this is Florida....
so that shows me that they will just buy any old almanac not caring what state its for and so i bought the one for GA which is the state closest to me so any setting dates i have right now are for MA i wont get the GA one for 2 weeks so any new dates i post I'm gonna have to post that they are for southern states only im not sure how big of a difference the dates will be but i had great hatchs with the Boston almanac and it seems alot of you did too

September, 6, 2011 appears to have been a 64% full moon. Is that good or bad? I hear peeps in the eggs.

well yeah if you hear peeps that's good that means they have busted into the air sac and should peep a hole soon i have a tape player that i use and one one side is chickens clucking and on the other side is baby cheeks cheeping it helps to encourage them to hatch out only when they hatch no momma or siblings to greet them just the big face of a person staring at them through the window ^_^

im so sick of people with their dogs letting them run wild...we had a bull dog get into the pen where our young roosters and starter pullets were that stupid dog killed 4 roosters and a 5mo hen and crippled another hen so dont know yet if she will have to be put down and then the owner of the dogs son was looking for him he came up to the door and i told him he needs to go around back and talk to my parents right now your dog just killed some of our chickens

and i hatched out those chickens from eggs he killed 3 of my white red sex link roosters one barred rock rooster a barred rock hen and crippled another barred rock hen

the hens were just fixing to start laying in NOV

Last edited:
Hopefully they will replace the birds
hugs.gif

I have quails pipping so by tomorrow, when my Amish neighbors kids come over they will get to see some hatching, they are their eggs and all 5 of the kids are excited. I'm still waiting to see if anymore of my silkies hatch, I have 3 so far. Broody also has one and 2 more eggs, don't think they will hatch though

Back
Top Bottom