Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little annoyed this morning. Just checked Craigslist to find an ad for chicks that is very misleading. These people go around and buy chicks from people, mark up the price and resell them. Last year a couple of people told me the chickens they got from them just started dying one by one till they were all dead. They tried to be NPIP, but couldn't understand the concept of not being able to buy birds from untested flocks and commingle with all the other chicks. Anyway, the ad today said their "incubators are running" and they have over 40 breeds available ALL from sq stock. Give me a break!

Wonderful Friday. Will be spring-ish here today, in the low 70's. 

Pfft. 25 to start the morning and a wintery mix to end the day with! YAY! Very "spring here". That was sarcasm, btw.
I need a nice day to go around and trim chicken butts. My LF Orps' eggs are ranging gin the 10-20% fertility rate. I have 3 boys over 4 girls. Hmmm.

Oh and all the chicks are doing great, I did have dualing crowing roosters this morning though! They just keep crowing back and forth to each other!

This is what I was reading: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/261208/sex-linked-information
If you scroll down to the section on black sex-links and then the questions:

Q 7 Are there other varieties of males, not in the table, that can be used to make black sex linked crosses?

A. Yes In making a black sex linked cross, almost any variety of male ( white or barred should not be used) can be crossed with a purebred barred hen to produce black sex linked chicks. The barred female must come from the black sex linked table or have the correct genotype.

It really only says that white and barred males won't work. Just about anything else should. Am I reading it wrong?
Sorry, I fell asleep
hide.gif
Like someone answered earlier, I do believe it has to be a solid color...

Quote: I have absolutely no problem with pullet eggs, they are some of my best hatchers....as long as they are fertile! I would rather get eggs from a pullet, than a hen older then say 2-3 yrs.

Oh btw...Good Morning y'all! It's Friday!
wee.gif

Last edited:
I'm a little annoyed this morning. Just checked Craigslist to find an ad for chicks that is very misleading. These people go around and buy chicks from people, mark up the price and resell them. Last year a couple of people told me the chickens they got from them just started dying one by one till they were all dead. They tried to be NPIP, but couldn't understand the concept of not being able to buy birds from untested flocks and commingle with all the other chicks. Anyway, the ad today said their "incubators are running" and they have over 40 breeds available ALL from sq stock. Give me a break!
Sounds like our local rip off farm around here. They order in the weekly deep discount specials from hatcheries then upsell them at a price they shouldnt be sold at. For a short while they ran ads trying to say they were a strict biosecure farm and no one could come there to get chicks
lau.gif
which is sad and funny at the same time. They are dirty, the place smells, and they take in every free bird they can get their hands on. Those bio secure ads dont run any longer.

They offered "free delivery" (to sams club parking lot), AND they steal photos from the internet to pass off as their own in ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom