Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been cringing reading all of the PO horror stories. Especially since I had chicks coming from Rachael this week. So I am actually going to share a happy USPS incident:

Rachael shipped the chicks out yesterday and they arrived quickly this afternoon at the big sort center in Fresno (about 30 miles south of us). One of the guys there called me and asked if I'd like to come get them so they didn't have to spend the night at their facility and wait to be driven to Madera tomorrow. When I got there about an hour after the call, the lady let me walk in the back with her to get the box. They had my chicks along with two other boxes in a blocked off, draft-free area with a heat lamp hanging about 2 feet over all of the boxes. I thanked her for taking the extra step to keep those babies warm. She told me that she grew up on a farm so she knew that the little bit of heat could make all of the difference to those chicks, especially if they would have to spend the night in that big building.

So to end my happy story, I have some beautiful little fuzzy faces bouncing around the brooder tonight. Thanks crazy lady
hugs.gif

I hope the rest of you waiting on your birds will have the same good results soon!
fl.gif

I've been cringing reading all of the PO horror stories. Especially since I had chicks coming from Rachael this week. So I am actually going to share a happy USPS incident:

Rachael shipped the chicks out yesterday and they arrived quickly this afternoon at the big sort center in Fresno (about 30 miles south of us). One of the guys there called me and asked if I'd like to come get them so they didn't have to spend the night at their facility and wait to be driven to Madera tomorrow. When I got there about an hour after the call, the lady let me walk in the back with her to get the box. They had my chicks along with two other boxes in a blocked off, draft-free area with a heat lamp hanging about 2 feet over all of the boxes. I thanked her for taking the extra step to keep those babies warm. She told me that she grew up on a farm so she knew that the little bit of heat could make all of the difference to those chicks, especially if they would have to spend the night in that big building.

So to end my happy story, I have some beautiful little fuzzy faces bouncing around the brooder tonight. Thanks crazy lady
hugs.gif

I hope the rest of you waiting on your birds will have the same good results soon!
fl.gif
that's awesome! Mine are in Tulsa now, finally, hopefully they will get here tomorrow, hope my PO has the brains to call me when they get there, instead of just sticking a note in my box, of course it doesn't matter, I will be there first thing anyway!

Lionheads are adorable and so sweet and calm! We have a male that is about a year old that was given to us. It is very difficult for me to find a female, though!

WHAT !!!!............. I could have sent a female up to you. I just sold off a litter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom