Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work all day and get so much done, then at the end of the day I look at what's been accomplished and think, is that all I got done? And that little bit took me all day!
th.gif

I know some people are trying to help out catching up on some swaps that are in the hole. Life happens to everyone and has certainly happened to me before. If I had traded ccls early you all would be screwed, lol. My girls are still tricky right now, and they started laying in October!

I understand the frustration people are feeling however. I feel like I am a might have been there.

Cmon stuffing keep laying in the coop so I can fulfill your last swap!!

I would hope if anyone is having issues with their birds and getting swaps out, they let their claimers know.
My hens have went on strike... I only owe one swap, but I have let the person I owe know with this. But, I have to say, it makes me unhappy not being able to get the swap out in a timely manner.

I have to say, it is upsetting to not receive your swaps or at least have someone stay in contact with you. I was super excited about one particular swap... and to not have any contact is really disappointing, to say the least. I have gotten my eggs out asap. To not have someone honor a swap is disheartening and especially when it is a pretty tight knit group like this one is. I have avoided swapping on other pages to come to BYC to swap, because I guess I thought people would be more honest and at least stay in touch more.

We all know, life happens, but a pm is not that hard to send someone. Just my 2 cents worth.

I've already forgiven several swaps I claimed from her but I couldn't give up the Isbars. But those really are the ugliest green eggs I've ever seen, lol. The birds are pretty though so I still want a few.

CJ, you will like these! Really -- dang it, where's my camera? They're a lovely minty green. I've been collecting since Friday which was 3 weeks away from the bresse roo, planning to set for fertility test as soon as my monster batch comes out of the incubator (hatching now!), and this Friday will be 4 weeks away from the bresse so I feel pretty confident that any fertile eggs after that will be fertile from the isbars, even if I haven't seen them doing their "stuff". Let me grab my camera -- they're right on the kitchen counter :)

I want to put this out there for discussion. Please be considerate and polite when responding.

What do you think about limiting the time eggs can be offered? None of us can tell the future and what's going to happen. Offering eggs for Fall is really pushing it. Heck, mid to late summer is pushing it too. So I want to get everyone's opinion since this is everyone's swap here.

So my opinion is maybe a limit of 2 months. If you can't get the swap out in the 2 month limit then it shouldn't be offered. With some new breeds popping up, most of us don't even know when they will start laying. I mean, how long does it take a Barthuhner to mature and start laying?

I'm not trying to chase anyone off. Just trying to keep it under control a bit. I mean, there are some swappers who may not get all their swaps out before Spring is up.

So what is your opinion?

thumbsup.gif

I have to say my last swap I added my Tolbunts as a claim for much later because the swap is very slow and people love Tolbunts. After I offered them I wanted to go back to edit because I felt very uneasy about doing so- considering I have lost chickens to hawks, fox, and raccoons you just never know what will happen by then...

Besides, Murphy's law says if I owe you Tolbunt eggs something will surely happen to my Tolbunts
tongue.gif

From now on I will only offer what is laying and that is for my own piece of mind
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom