Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's totally up to you but I would say, anyone should know what they are getting into before doing it. To expect someone to pay for shipping when they never expected isn't all that right. If she agrees then fine but she doesn't have to agree. Most of CPL's offers of chicks was with the understanding that CPL paid the shipping. I am in no means trying to start an argument.

Well, it certainly would be better for me if I hadn't taken them. Less mouths to feed and etc. I'm not sure it would necessarily be better for everyone all the way around. I tend to be helpful whenever I can (Krafty, you want to back me up here, please?) and yes, sometimes it bites me in the but.

Ah the ladies take their time when they know others are waiting on them.

I keep trimming the cochins back and keep setting eggs and so far zilch. I'm thinking razor at this point
tongue.png

Well, it certainly would be better for me if I hadn't taken them. Less mouths to feed and etc. I'm not sure it would necessarily be better for everyone all the way around. I tend to be helpful whenever I can (Krafty, you want to back me up here, please?) and yes, sometimes it bites me in the but.
understandable

:hugs

Whew for a minute there I was Aahhhhjhh! I started a problem!!!! Time to go hide!!!

I still owe swaps, and am slowly getting them out. I am sure people are getting antsy and frustrated, and I completely hate that. Besides fertility checks, all the eggs I have been getting from quail and faverolles are being sent out, so it is happening as quickly as I can make it happen.
So, I empathize completely with that, an I am not rushing things from people who are doing their part. I appreciate communication even if there is still a wait :)

I know I have been impressed with your communication. I have not seen people being unhappy with it, but mind you I have not seen the PM'S.( Autocorrect, why do you hate me??)

My 2¢.

Thanks, chiqita -- it's bad enough waiting without having to wonder constantly what's going on, so I try. And I can say that almost without exception, everyone has been wonderful at working with me, getting swaps sorted out so I know who's owed what, and has really done their best to make doing my best to get them their eggs as quickly as possible a pleasant experience. My posting earlier was a combination of misreading Sah's post (d'oh! I am sorry, Sah!) and yes, catching a little flak for "not knowing what I was getting into". Which is true enough, but I still think it was the right thing to have done, and while maybe not of much benefit to me personally (at least not for a loooong time yet, lol!) still in pretty much everyone else's best interests, all the way around.

No, I meant I didn't know if it was fair to ASK you to ship twice. Lol
:hugs

That is the big problem with typing and reading things on a post. It is easy to not explain things correctly, and it is hard to understand the tone of someone's post.

hugs.gif

Whew for a minute there I was Aahhhhjhh! I started a problem!!!! Time to go hide!!!

I still owe swaps, and am slowly getting them out. I am sure people are getting antsy and frustrated, and I completely hate that. Besides fertility checks, all the eggs I have been getting from quail and faverolles are being sent out, so it is happening as quickly as I can make it happen.
So, I empathize completely with that, an I am not rushing things from people who are doing their part. I appreciate communication even if there is still a wait
smile.png

Well, I should have stopped for two seconds and said "Wait a minute, this is Sah..." and re-read the post. I am oversensitive at the moment, and that is totally not your fault!

Yes, I will be breathing the hugest sigh of relief when I finally get the last swap out. Heck, I'll be enormously relieved when the first one is out the door! Or when I see developing eggs, even.

Speaking of which, AyeUpChuck!!!! I candled last night. Not all of them, just four, Of four, two were developing!!!!! (These are the Bourbon Reds that the PO saw fit to keep in their possession for an entire week -- I have sworn, should any of them hatch, to name them Wonder, Marvel, Miracle, and I can't remember the other...)

Okay, I'm grabbing scissors and cutting back further. I've got another round of cochin eggs to set today but I don't feel like waiting five days to see if I trimmed back enough last time or not.

No, I meant I didn't know if it was fair to ASK you to ship twice. Lol
hugs.gif

That is the big problem with typing and reading things on a post. It is easy to not explain things correctly, and it is hard to understand the tone of someone's post.

I write for a (meager) living, and the one thing I've learned about the English language is that it's almost impossible to say precisely what you mean in a way that cannot possibly be misconstrued!

Off to trim cochin butts! Then I've got to run intown -- my landlady's in the hospital so I'm going to go check on her and run to TSC. I'll stop back later, and I have got to take turkey pictures! They are too cute :)

Last edited:
Well, I should have stopped for two seconds and said "Wait a minute, this is Sah..." and re-read the post. I am oversensitive at the moment, and that is totally not your fault!

Yes, I will be breathing the hugest sigh of relief when I finally get the last swap out. Heck, I'll be enormously relieved when the first one is out the door! Or when I see developing eggs, even.

Speaking of which, AyeUpChuck!!!! I candled last night. Not all of them, just four, Of four, two were developing!!!!! (These are the Bourbon Reds that the PO saw fit to keep in their possession for an entire week -- I have sworn, should any of them hatch, to name them Wonder, Marvel, Miracle, and I can't remember the other...)

Okay, I'm grabbing scissors and cutting back further. I've got another round of cochin eggs to set today but I don't feel like waiting five days to see if I trimmed back enough last time or not.
sounds like you might need a rooster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom