Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MG flocks do not have to be culled, but MG flocks are REQUIRED to live out their life ON the property. You can not sell, give away or otherwise rehome any bird from a property that has a positive MG test. Even if the bird in question was never with the others, they must stay on site, or be culled.

Interesting. They did not tell me that. is that true for every state?

I have been giving all my roosters to a coworker who's wife is a homeschooler and knows how to slaughter chickens.
He lost his entire flock to a dog attack and it seemed an equitable arrangement due to my squeamishness about killing.

edited to add:
We killed the chickens who tested positive for MG already, just so you know. But, I am assuming the rest of my flock may have MG. But they haven't actually tested positive and never came into direct contact with the birds who did but were in my quarantine pen.

Last edited:
Okay, so I just got off the phone with the Virginia Ag people and they said that what I am doing is perfectly fine!
Whew...you guys had me worried I'd done something bad!!!!

woot.gif
I am going up to pick up Walt's breeders tomorrow!!!! yeah! 7 girlie's. Once they get settled I will be sending out the speckled sussex swaps!

Okay, so I just got off the phone with the Virginia Ag people and they said that what I am doing is perfectly fine!
Whew...you guys had me worried I'd done something bad!!!!
Just my opinion but taking any bird that might have MG off your property alive is wrong to me. Until you have all your birds tested, you don't know whether they have it or not or if any rooster taken off has it. States are trying to eradicate the disease.

Quote:
Quote: x2 on this one. VA is a royal PIA to ship into and not even the Miami zoo will ship to them with the new rule of needing a test within 30 days of shipping. I cant believe they would say it is ok to not have a closed flock.

personally all chickens would be culled, bedding burnt, everything washed with bleach and or Oxine and left empty for 90 days before I added 1 bird back.

x2 on this one. VA is a royal PIA to ship into and not even the Miami zoo will ship to them with the new rule of needing a test within 30 days of shipping. I cant believe they would say it is ok to not have a closed flock.

personally all chickens would be culled, bedding burnt, everything washed with bleach and or Oxine and left empty for 90 days before I added 1 bird back.
x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom