Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pysanki- my understanding is that you are only giving extra cockerels to one family who butchers them? They don't try to sell them or anything? If they are only eating them, I don't see a problem... But not knowing if they are keeping 100% of the birds just to butcher would make me a little nervous.

What's the harm if the birds are going to a property without other birds and are being processed?
I would be worried about how the feathers were disposed of, how the intestines were disposed of as well. If a neighbor has chickens and the waste isnt properly disposed of is it now putting a new flock at risk?

Just surprised VA didnt ask for the flock to be closed given the hassels they cause over shipping birds into their state. We wont be shipping there anymore with the new testing requirement

The AG people have told me that there is no way to eradicate MG. It is in the wild bird population. They have said that as long as you free range your birds on the east coast you are at risk for them eventually getting the disease even if you have a closed flock. They told me today that we could test all of our birds today and have them test negative and two weeks from now they could have it.

The AG people have told me that there is no way to eradicate MG. It is in the wild bird population. They have said that as long as you free range your birds on the east coast you are at risk for them eventually getting the disease even if you have a closed flock. They told me today that we could test all of our birds today and have them test negative and two weeks from now they could have it.
I agree with this, and if her birds tested positive for it then the wild birds around her place have it too, so where have they carried it to. If the wild bird population have it or are carriers of it then how do they think they can eradicate it, simple they can't

Pysanki- my understanding is that you are only giving extra cockerels to one family who butchers them? They don't try to sell them or anything? If they are only eating them, I don't see a problem... But not knowing if they are keeping 100% of the birds just to butcher would make me a little nervous.
These people are college educated and I have told them about the disease. The wife is a nurse and understands about infectious disease. These are not backwoods people wanting a free meal who don't understand. I have known them for 20 years and trust them to kill the birds once they are to a proper butchering weight and not give any away.

These people are college educated and I have told them about the disease. The wife is a nurse and understands about infectious disease. These are not backwoods people wanting a free meal who don't understand. I have known them for 20 years and trust them to kill the birds once they are to a proper butchering weight and not give any away.
I think one thing we can all agree on is you have done your research on this thing :(.
I'm still so sorry that happened to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom