Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one thing we can all agree on is you have done your research on this thing :(.
I'm still so sorry that happened to you.
Bad thing is with the research I have done and working for a poultry processing company, I know that any of us could have this and have no idea that we do. Birds show no symptoms unless stressed if it is the nonacute form and NPIP does not test for it. Since it doesn't affect humans they don't care.

I would be worried about how the feathers were disposed of, how the intestines were disposed of as well. If a neighbor has chickens and the waste isnt properly disposed of is it now putting a new flock at risk?

Just surprised VA didnt ask for the flock to be closed given the hassels they cause over shipping birds into their state. We wont be shipping there anymore with the new testing requirement
interesting...do you have a link to the new testing requirements for Virginia? Are they requiring MG testing?

Crystal go ahead, but make sure you are providing game bird starter. If she wants to mother them it'll save you some work!
I will. I have a bag sitting on my carport right now waiting to be opened. Only issue is most show it needs to be 28% protein and even game bird starter around here is only 22 to 24%. I have pork liver from our butchered pigs that I am going to cook and top dress the feed with.

They're tricksy huh? Is that why Krazy makes cookies out of them?
1f60b.png

Quote: This was told to me by my state NPIP agent. I didnt say they required MG testing, just that they have gotten worse with their requirements. Jennifer from here in FL in our NPIP office and I spoke last week and she told me then the Miami zoo wont ship to VA anymore because of the new requirements. That was enough for me to not bother with it any longer either.

We are working on being cleared to ship to Canada, so I am cross checking items constantly. VA isnt the only PIA state out there, many are now requiring permits before you ever ship birds or face fines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom