Hatching Eggs / Paypal CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPL I'm glad to see you back! Hope you're feeling a bit better. I know when my friend Melody was on an upswing as she called it she was chatty as heck. I was always so happy to get my ear talked off.

I must say I'm so happy that you all have offered some very wonderful breeds. I know if it hadn't been for this thread and some wonderful generosity of you all I wouldn't have even come lose to getting many of the breeds on my little chicken farmers MASTER LIST. I've also come to really enjoy and care about the people on this thread. I rarely talk of the child we lost on Feb 23rd 2004, but you all were there to listen and give support. Some of you deal with some of the same afflictions I have. Fibromyalgia used to be considered all in the head, but now they know better. Having others that deal with it, live with it, and have had some success in dealing with it has also helped. I had a friend die from extenuating circumstances of crohns. She was the best friend I have ever had and will miss her until the day I die. I'm very thankful for those that have jumped in to help out in mods and personal. BM6 has taken a lot on to help and I hope she also knows how much her help has been appreciated on both ends. I hope she comes back as she will be sorely missed.

And about that sharing.....MINE! Just consider me a Mining bird from Nemo. I don't know what it is, but I'm sure I want it.

It's two of our sebastopol goslings in that box that is being held out allowing the legs to protrude from the bottom. I just adore the care given to our goslings when shipped. One would think the USPS could stop being abusive to live bird shipments. Just glad we tape the entire bottom of the boxes or those poor babies would have been falling out of the box being held out in the air like that.

I was wondering if someone can help me with a broody hen question...

My silkie went broody and a few days later my OEGB decided to join her. I don't have a lot of room and I was going to keep them together so I could section off part of the coop for them to protect their chicks from the rest of the flock. But I read in a couple of places that broodies will fight and might even hurt each other's eggs or chicks. Has anyone had this experience? I can't see my girls fighting each other. They are not super happy if I'm close to their nest but they've each had another hen in there with them. The OEGB has had at least two different hens go in her nesting box with her to lay their eggs. She gives em the stink eye but once they leave she just scoots their egg under her with the rest. She's building quite a collection.

Wow, I had to go back and actually click on the photo to make it large enough to see -- my eyes aren't what they used to be for sure! I'm glad to see there weren't really legs protruding, just the foot hanging over the edge of the box a little. That would've been awful if the poor birds had had their legs hanging out during shipment -- the USPS being what it is, I'd be terrified of them arriving with a broken leg!

Dang, you'd think they'd handle live animals a little more carefully, wouldn't you? Although I have to admit I'd think they could make the boxes stronger, too, if they'll rip like that.

I was wondering if someone can help me with a broody hen question...

My silkie went broody and a few days later my OEGB decided to join her. I don't have a lot of room and I was going to keep them together so I could section off part of the coop for them to protect their chicks from the rest of the flock. But I read in a couple of places that broodies will fight and might even hurt each other's eggs or chicks. Has anyone had this experience? I can't see my girls fighting each other. They are not super happy if I'm close to their nest but they've each had another hen in there with them. The OEGB has had at least two different hens go in her nesting box with her to lay their eggs. She gives em the stink eye but once they leave she just scoots their egg under her with the rest. She's building quite a collection.

LOL! I'm loving the image of your little OEG "stealing" eggs. Sadly, I haven't had any broodies yet (intentionally started with breeds that don't go broody before getting into the rare breeds) so no personal experience to share. Yet!!!

AyeUp!!! I see you
big_smile.png
Guess what???

Three eggs are developing!!!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif

(This is, by the way, a major testament to AyeUpChuck's packing skills -- it was like Fort Knox with feather quilt padding
smile.png
)

Wow thank you SO MUCH!!, yes life happens and several people here have been nice enough to send me the highlights of people bashing me and BM6 lately. Do I need to remind everyone that I started this swap? I have no intention of cheating anyone of anything least of all some eggs. I don't take full credit for the success of the swap, Madamwlf 1st started offering her CCL and Tolbunts on the swap and that helped me make the decision to offer my rare breeds to all. I am super glad Madamwlf offered to take the swap at the 1st of the year. Giving it up was one of te hardest decisions I have ever made in my life, and I was a corporate executive for years before I became disabled so I have made some hard decisions in my life. With my mother in law dying in my living room this Winter and my declining health, giving up the swap turned out for the best. I have been told some people are calling me "Wayne" seriously?? Give me a break, sticks and stones and all that. If I intended to rip anyone off here I would have been long gone. I want to thank all the people who have sent me encouraging PM's especially my Christian friends. Pysanksi girl. I am so sorry to hear about your recent troubles.

So publicly so there is no confusion I am setting the last of my eggs this Sunday/Monday for chick shipping and then I will resume sending out eggs. To those who have been especially nasty during all of this I will be sending you paypal refunds, I do not care to waste my rarebreed eggs or time and money on you.

I want to thank everyone who has been supportive communicated or not communicated, I know who you are. I apologize for my absence and lack of communication these past few months, I will try to make myself more avalible now. I do still have over 300+ PM's to answer and I will try to get to them all.

And to those whining about me buying birds on RBA recently, I make no apologies it is much easier to make a bid on RBA in a few seconds and get offline than to answer PM's or check the chat board. Forgive me and as always I plan to share eggs/chicks from any newly acquired breeds.

Please if you have any issues with me or questions PM me instead of stewing about it, I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.

Rachael

So sorry to hear about your problems. You really are the star of the swap thread. Hopefully your situation will be back to normal again soon.
I have not kept up recently as it was too addictive, and had no idea anything was amiss. Please do not worry about my swaps, just get back on your feet so that we can enjoy your company again.

Last edited:
Love us or hate us at least we do it! So hope the birdies arrived OK though. Most of us USPS employees are very careful with all our parcels... But I do wish our management would do a better job at educating non farm folks about how to handle live animals and eggs especially. About the heat/cold sensitivity no shaking etc. Most people don't understand how this effects hatch ability.

Oh boy, TwoBit, you're USPS? You're in the dragon's den now, buddy! :p Dang, does that mean we can't rank all over the USPS anymore???
lau.gif

And yes, the US postal service does get a lot of abuse around here
wink.png
but they can still get a five-page letter from Anaheim to NYC in three days for under fifty cents. That's still pretty amazing
smile.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom