Hatching Eggs

Congratulations! I hope they continue to do well! I collected eggs from my neighbor's ducks (with their permission). I started off with 3 that were fertile (I collected a total of 6 eggs), one didn't make it (sadly, it was obvious as of this morning), so it was removed. The 2nd one I'm not quite sure if it's slower developing or if it just didn't quite make it and quit (it SEEMS to be slowly developing, no death ring or foul odor, so I am watching it closely before making a decision), the 3rd has a VERY definite development moving along now (clearly visible and growing veins etc)! It is AMAZING to see the little heart beating! I have had mine in incubation since late Sunday evening. Isn't it an amazing process?!

It is so amazing and I am enjoying every minute of it. I candled 3 of them on day 10 just because I was curious and I could see movement in all three, not sure if it was heartbeat but it looked like they were wiggling
1f600.png
I will candle all of them again on day 15 and will keep my fingers crossed. My husband is calling me duck mama lol

awwww how sweet. My son's father calls me the crazy chicken lady :D I tell him thanks for the compliment :)

It really has been so amazing getting to see what's going on inside of the eggs! I'm pretty sure that I now only have 1 thriving egg, but even so, I'm still super happy. Just having the opportunity to do this, it's awesome!

Back
Top Bottom