Hatching Eggs

indigo flats

Chirping
Jan 29, 2017
Elgin South Carolina
Hatching is addictive and I like watching them grow. I started with Welsummers, Barnvelders, Black Star, Australorp and Americana and a barnyard rooster "MUTT". Now I have 11 growing different colors all very interesting. The pullets will be keepers the roosters will be meat birds except one. They all sired by the same rooster but different hens. Got yellow legs green legs and gray legs got 4 toed chicks and 5 toed chicks. These will be referred to, by me as homestead chickens.

Hatching is addictive and I like watching them grow. I started with Welsummers, Barnvelders, Black Star, Australorp and Americana and a barnyard rooster "MUTT". Now I have 11 growing different colors all very interesting. The pullets will be keepers the roosters will be meat birds except one. They all sired by the same rooster but different hens. Got yellow legs green legs and gray legs got 4 toed chicks and 5 toed chicks. These will be referred to, by me as homestead chickens.

Yea, tell me about it. I started hatching a few in a Styrofoam incubator----had 32 chickens 2 breeds and 3 chicken pens---less than a year I had 67 chicken pens and 27 different breeds with as many as 949 eggs incubating at one time hatching over 6200 in a little over a year, over 1000 growing out plus breeders----yea it can be Addictive.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom