hatching eggs

riyadh123

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 7, 2013
my eggs are due to hatch tomorrow, which is the LAST of the THREE day. are there any signs they are alive. is it normal to hatch on the 21st days?

You might see the eggs moving/rocking as a sign of life. Or you might not. You also might hear peeping within the eggs before they hatch. Mainly, watch for the pip on the shell, and then wait it out. It is totally normal for them to hatch on Day 21, or even the day before, or sometimes the day after, or even a couple days after that. Lots of factors affect growth.

Go to the "Learning Center" (one of the tabs along the top of the page) and find the section on hatching eggs and read those articles...especially the "Hatching Eggs 101" article. It is tremendously helpful.

You might see the eggs moving/rocking as a sign of life. Or you might not. You also might hear peeping within the eggs before they hatch. Mainly, watch for the pip on the shell, and then wait it out. It is totally normal for them to hatch on Day 21, or even the day before, or sometimes the day after, or even a couple days after that. Lots of factors affect growth.

Go to the "Learning Center" (one of the tabs along the top of the page) and find the section on hatching eggs and read those articles...especially the "Hatching Eggs 101" article. It is tremendously helpful.
Agreed

Congratulations! That's a superb hatch rate to have 9 out of 10 hatch out. I've got a batch going right now and I'll be thrilled if I get 75% to hatch. (But I do hope they all make it.)

What breed are yours? Or are they mixes?

Oh no, i meant out of 20. sorry if i said it was out of 10. 7 are japanese ko shamos and 1 is rhode island red.

Back
Top Bottom