Hatching eggs!

Yes I did candle them and they were all bed! When I cracked them open they stunk!

Being that I was so upset my mom is gonna order me a incubator. So when I get that ready I'll try again. Any suggestions on which one I should get? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but one that will hold about 20 eggs if I wanted to.

Yes I did candle them and they were all bed! When I cracked them open they stunk!

Being that I was so upset my mom is gonna order me a incubator. So when I get that ready I'll try again. Any suggestions on which one I should get? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but one that will hold about 20 eggs if I wanted to.
Awww. I'm so sorry things went so badly.
hugs.gif

I can't give any opinions on purchased incubators because I've only built my own. I'm sure there are lots of people here who will chime in with suggestions soon though.

I built mine as well and I found one I really want my hubby to build me. How did you build yours?

So sorry that your first try didn't work out.
sad.png

Little Giant incubators are always good. Homemade incubators are good too, they're just a little more risky. Good luck on your second try!
thumbsup.gif

It happens really even to the best for whatever reason conditions change... I actually had a lot of luck using a heat pad, Styrofoam cooler, and a cookie cooling rack with a cup of water 90 % and 100 % hatch rate

It happens really even to the best for whatever reason conditions change... I actually had a lot of luck using a heat pad, Styrofoam cooler, and a cookie cooling rack with a cup of water 90 % and 100 % hatch rate
Oh drill a half inch by half inch hole in the top maybe bigger depending where it is placed temp wise mine is small because it is 30 degrees out I have a wireless temp and humidity sensor but you can use wired ones

Oh drill a half inch by half inch hole in the top maybe bigger depending where it is placed temp wise mine is small because it is 30 degrees out I have a wireless temp and humidity sensor but you can use wired ones

That's cool! I am going to try that one. How big was the cooler and how high was the heating pad?

I know how you feel. When I starting hatching I lost a few hatches one do to a temp spike,and my cat sat on top of the incubator and knock it off the table, then I had 6 week old chicks in a playpen the little bugger flew out and ate my incubator :th

Back
Top Bottom