Hatching Eggs

farmgirl200

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2015
I am hatching eggs at home for the first time... It has been about 17 days. I know 21 days is usually the time, but I heard that they can come early, or a little late. How many days early, and how many days late?
Thanks
1f423.png

LOL..it's not like texting... people will respond, I' promise. I'm new to hatching, but everything I've read says that they mostly hatch at the earliest on day 19 and can go a few days past day 21. So don't worry yet... now calm down and wait.. :)

I know I wasn't rushing, I just saw that people were viewing it, but not responding. I am calm anyways...

I generally see pips and sometimes hatchers at day 19 and my latest was day 24, but that was from a botched first attempt and he has special needs due to the delayed development. Most standard eggs hatch day 20/21 and often bantams start hatching day 19. Lower than average temps during the incubation can cause delayed hatches while slightly higher than average can cause earlier hatches. Extrememes either way can cause developemental problems with chicks that result as hatchers from those circumstances.

Ive hatched chicks for a few years now, and the chicks I hatched last weekend,pipped on day 19. I've never had them go past day 21 before, but I've heard that they can.

Back
Top Bottom