hatching experiment home made

I got an stc 1000 temperature control for mine, it turns on or off in the -.02 and +.02 range, I just paid $10.00 for it at ebay.
today is day 16, and so far looking good

Last edited:
Well breed wise for the year, My first batch was NN/Frizzle, and Frizzle Bantams... , Then this last group were from 2 diff farms, These eggs hatched Sat. Med sized frizzles from a diff blood line. Gray egg layers, something I started,... Then from the other farms I have Blue Andelusian/and or Isbars over Americauna Lastly, 2nd farm SFH was the mom, not sure on the dad yet, may be another SFH I have to wait for the feathers. Currently I have in incubator, Lavender Orpington egg, another Gray egg frizzle (like my avitar) more SFH from the one farm, and Isbar, and isbar/maran. just got Backyard Poultry mag to do an article on my incubators April/may issue pg 19.
Cool.. do you know if they have it so you can see the page like pdf or web page

I have two days separate I collected on 20th, 21st, 24th and 25th I currently have 11eggs. This is hugely a test so if nothing happens then im ok with it and if I get one or two from it cool and I can try to upgrade box and try again next year if I don't get a broody... seems like even my buff is not in the mood.
idunno.gif

anyone know of a good realtime pictures of the stages of egg development I have on that's like a rough cartoon like pictures but dosent show the stages of other developed things in the egg.

Day 2 you would just see a circle, day 3 below you might see a line and a circle, I don't like to candle until day 5 or so..

day 5 below looks like a spider, day six you would see an eye...

day 8 below it starts to get dark...

day 18 you see a slope some light in the very top shines through with veins the tip should be dark. if it is not it may be more day to hatch...

After day 18 don't candle at all just let hatch.

I seen a spike in the temperature yesterday it hit 110 I cant say for certain but might had lasted 20 min.
Will I have baked eggs instead if it spikes now and again.. im home checking it every so ofen.

Back
Top Bottom