Hatching help

MrTweedy

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2016
I am a rookie at this,I have my first batch of eggs coming next week.I have learned quit a bit from this site already, but hope to learn more so I can actually hatch some of these eggs!Can someone tell me where I can get the thermometer and the humidity checker?I have a 12 eggs incubator coming,it's supposed to be digital and auto turning,but from what I've seen here,they are very unreliable. I just want to gather as much info that I can to have a little success! I probably should have bought live chicks,but I've always been fascinated with hatching my own!

Welcome to Backyard chickens. I haven't hatched any eggs so will defer to any greeter coming after me who can assist you. You can also check out "Hatching threads," on BYC.

Ok,incubator arrived today! It's a Rite Farm pro 1200 digital.Apparently no one has heard of this one,GREAT! Only me...I'm going to fire it up tomorrow and check my thermometers and such.I hope I at least hatch a couple out of twelve,but I've never done this before, so I hope I've gathered enough info from here to have a bit of success.

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Maybe members on the "hatching and incubating eggs" forum can help. Like DD, i have no experience of using incubators, so i am unable to assist.

Good luck

CT

MrTweedy how did your hatch go? How did the incubator work? Considering getting one of those units myself and would love some feedback before I go for it.

Well,i bought 12 eggs,and looks like 11 are alive,they are due to hatch next Thursday!They took forever to get here,i didn't think any would work,but it looks good so far!I'll let you know next week for sure.I think the incubator works just fine.

Can anyone tell me what to do,My incubator is now on lockdown,i filled both chambers with water as directed,but the humidity says 87%,not sure how accurate it is,I have a hygrometer in there too,and it's been different from the start,niw it says 43%,What should I do?There are no vents to open to lower it.

Back
Top Bottom