Hatching in progress

Vanessa Pousson

In the Brooder
Nov 15, 2023
Church point
My husband got me an incubater, and as soon as he gave it to me. I went into my coop and got a few eggs.
I got it set up and over the last 21 days weve gone on an up and down slop with it. The alarm aways went off and now the bottons
dont work. Ans the last 2 days it cut it self off and ive had quiet a time to get it back on. I got a room thermometer near the incudator
and i allways keep a soft spray with warm water. Its now day 21 and with all this going on I didnt think i would hear a peep.
But sounds like i did somthing right cause i at least hear one. I know its early for me to get exiced but im happy they at least made it
this far. Heres to hoping they survive.
My husband wants to shot the incubater i told him to wait till the 20th then he could do what ever he wants with it. I'll do some research
befor i deside on an incubator. If my hens dont hatch there eggs after a bet.

Lets run down the possibilities.
What incubator? Did you calibrate it? Are you certain you have widespread fertility in your eggs? Did you candle and when's the last time? Why were you spraying them with water? Does the incubator not have humidity sensors?

Incubator Name (Sailnovo 24 Egg Incubator with Automatic Egg Turner, Built-in LED Candler, ℉ Temperature Display, External Water Addition, Hatcher Breeder for Hatching and Breeding Chickens, Birds, and Quail Eggs)​

he got it off amazon i looked it up about a week after i got it.
i had followed the guide that was sent with it. It was pre calibrated.temp-75-100 humidity 55-75
I last candle on day 9 befor the bottons stoped working. And you never know when you touch if it will turn the light on/off or turn itself off for that matter.
And in the guide has a step where you spray the last three days with 104 temp water.
Im learning as i go with chickens i wasnt raised with them.
The the alarms aways went off i thout there was somthing wrong with it so i put my own device in and the temp it wasnt staying 2 temp55. i had no way of checking humitiy.
(note) this is my first time doing this. day 10 i was cleaning and put a few items on top of the incubator and it finily stayed in the 75-100% agen i have no way to check humidity i dont trust the humidity lever that showe and that was all over the place.

And update one one chick is making its way. i dont know about the others
And i will be happy to take any addvice that is given.

Incubator Name (Sailnovo 24 Egg Incubator with Automatic Egg Turner, Built-in LED Candler, ℉ Temperature Display, External Water Addition, Hatcher Breeder for Hatching and Breeding Chickens, Birds, and Quail Eggs)​

he got it off amazon i looked it up about a week after i got it.
i had followed the guide that was sent with it. It was pre calibrated.temp-75-100 humidity 55-75
I last candle on day 9 befor the bottons stoped working. And you never know when you touch if it will turn the light on/off or turn itself off for that matter.
And in the guide has a step where you spray the last three days with 104 temp water.
Im learning as i go with chickens i wasnt raised with them.
The the alarms aways went off i thout there was somthing wrong with it so i put my own device in and the temp it wasnt staying 2 temp55. i had no way of checking humitiy.
(note) this is my first time doing this. day 10 i was cleaning and put a few items on top of the incubator and it finily stayed in the 75-100% agen i have no way to check humidity i dont trust the humidity lever that showe and that was all over the place.

And update one one chick is making its way. i dont know about the others
And i will be happy to take any addvice that is given.
that incubator sucks! do you have a Tractor Supply or a Rural King near your house? I would buy one of those square styrafoam ones.

My husband got me an incubater, and as soon as he gave it to me. I went into my coop and got a few eggs.
I got it set up and over the last 21 days weve gone on an up and down slop with it. The alarm aways went off and now the bottons
dont work. Ans the last 2 days it cut it self off and ive had quiet a time to get it back on. I got a room thermometer near the incudator
and i allways keep a soft spray with warm water. Its now day 21 and with all this going on I didnt think i would hear a peep.
But sounds like i did somthing right cause i at least hear one. I know its early for me to get exiced but im happy they at least made it
My husband wants to shot the incubater i told him to wait till the 20th then he could do what ever he wants with it. I'll do some research

I wish I can put pictures but I haven't figured that out yet

Back
Top Bottom