Hatching in progress

My husband got me an incubater, and as soon as he gave it to me. I went into my coop and got a few eggs.
I got it set up and over the last 21 days weve gone on an up and down slop with it. The alarm aways went off and now the bottons
dont work. Ans the last 2 days it cut it self off and ive had quiet a time to get it back on. I got a room thermometer near the incudator
and i allways keep a soft spray with warm water. Its now day 21 and with all this going on I didnt think i would hear a peep.
But sounds like i did somthing right cause i at least hear one. I know its early for me to get exiced but im happy they at least made it
this far. Heres to hoping they survive.
My husband wants to shot the incubater i told him to wait till the 20th then he could do what ever he wants with it. I'll do some research
befor i deside on an incubator. If my hens dont hatch there eggs after a bet.
up date out of the five eggs that went in on the same day only one msde it. Im teying to get one of my hens to take. there seams to be only one that isnt pecking it. any addvice.

Hens will not usually take in chicks unless they have been broody but there is always some that will love to adopt your little, but it can be harmful to the chick if they don't so be very careful no way to make them accept them, they either will or won't. Just because they don't peak them doesn't mean they will care for them. They may not let them under to warm or sleep at night by going up on roost leaving chick behind to freeze.

up date out of the five eggs that went in on the same day only one msde it. Im teying to get one of my hens to take. there seams to be only one that isnt pecking it. any addvice.
Sorry to hear only one hatched but congrats on your first hatching. Good luck with your little, if no luck introducing to your hens. I would get at least 1 other from local or TSC/RK to keep him company until they can be integrated into your flock as they don't do well alone being flock livestock.

Back
Top Bottom