Hatching incubated eggs in cartons?

How do you hatch?

• in egg cartons

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • lay the eggs on their side

Votes: 24 72.7%

• Total voters
Congratulations, I'm so pleased the egg hatched for you :celebrate
It could be a silkie as it looks like it has a vaulted skull. If you could post a pic of its head up that would be better. Was the egg white that it hatched from?
I've never hatched a double yolk egg but if you type it into the search box above there are threads on it. Often one if not both chick die as there is just not enough room in the egg. Chicks can have deformities due to the fact of not enough room in the egg to develop correctly. Some have been successful in hatching them but have had to assist the hatch.

The other sounds ok, quite a big dark mass would indicate father on in development.
Have you got your incubator yet?
Here is a picture can you see the picture clearly? YES I do have my incubator! Its wonderful! Do you wanna see a picture?

Last edited:
First hatch 4 eggs 4 chicks
1f423.png
1f424.png
1f425.png
3 on day 21 and 1 on day 22 yes on the tenth of November I should have some duck eggs hatching hope I get a 100% hatch rate again
celebrate.gif
great job! What incubator do you use? I'm soo disappointed with this set I have on day 19 now. I plan to incubate duck eggs next. Keep us posted on your duck eggs
smile.png

celebrate.gif
great job! What incubator do you use? I'm soo disappointed with this set I have on day 19 now. I plan to incubate duck eggs next. Keep us posted on your duck eggs
smile.png

My own duck eggs. Straight from the back yard. No shipping, lol.

Back
Top Bottom