Hatching problems

tauheedprince

In the Brooder
Jan 11, 2016
Hi all
I have joined it just today.
Well i have love birds and those are breeding as well.
The main problem that is being faced by most of the fanciers in this part of the year is DIS.
DIS stands for dead in sehll.
Breeding season starts from september and lasts till April.May to August is too hot here so nobody give them boxes to breed.
First clutch is hatched fine in September October and so is the last one in March April.
Problem occurs during second clucth in December January.
This dead in shell or late embryonic death is faced in Almost 80% of eggs.
And have to throw them away.
Hen hatches it well enough till it enters last period of hacthing.Usually after 16,17 days.( 21 days is the hatching time ).When i candle eggs , i use to find that chicks have died inside.I read so many blogs and forums as well but haven't found them good enough.
How can i overcome this problem ?
Humility remains around 60-70 while temperature in winter hovers around 15-20.
I am giving them Soluvite D Breeder and Calciums occasionally with soft food and corns vegetables at times.

Hoping for a reply soon.

And sorry for my poor english.

Many thanks in advance.

Thank you very much for your reply.
First thing is that they aren't siblings.
Second thing is that nutrition is properly maintained.
I am giving them all the mix seed diet and soluvite d breeder in water.
Also occasionally soft food like soaked wheat , vegetables and egg bread mix.

Waiting for your response.

Many thanks

Hi all
I have joined it just today.
Well i have love birds and those are breeding as well.
The main problem that is being faced by most of the fanciers in this part of the year is DIS.
DIS stands for dead in sehll.
Breeding season starts from september and lasts till April.May to August is too hot here so nobody give them boxes to breed.
First clutch is hatched fine in September October and so is the last one in March April.
Problem occurs during second clucth in December January.
This dead in shell or late embryonic death is faced in Almost 80% of eggs.
And have to throw them away.
Hen hatches it well enough till it enters last period of hacthing.Usually after 16,17 days.( 21 days is the hatching time ).When i candle eggs , i use to find that chicks have died inside.I read so many blogs and forums as well but haven't found them good enough.
How can i overcome this problem ?
Humility remains around 60-70 while temperature in winter hovers around 15-20.
I am giving them Soluvite D Breeder and Calciums occasionally with soft food and corns vegetables at times.

Hoping for a reply soon.

And sorry for my poor english.

Many thanks in advance.

With out more details its impossible to really tell whats going on. Things like is any area heater, Are the nest boxes insulated, How are the bird acting. If the birds are having trouble keeping them selfs warm they will not waste energy incubating eggs that they know have a very low chance of survival. I think mother nature programmed them to do this. Some times only one bird will quit which leaves eggs that are being left for long periods with no one sitting on them.

I feed warm scrambled eggs including the shells (unless im in a hurry then its just scrambled eggs cooked in the microwave). The birds love it as a quick ready to eat fast food they can feed to there partners and chicks.

With out more details its impossible to really tell whats going on. Things like is any area heater, Are the nest boxes insulated, How are the bird acting. If the birds are having trouble keeping them selfs warm they will not waste energy incubating eggs that they know have a very low chance of survival. I think mother nature programmed them to do this. Some times only one bird will quit which leaves eggs that are being left for long periods with no one sitting on them.

I feed warm scrambled eggs including the shells (unless im in a hurry then its just scrambled eggs cooked in the microwave). The birds love it as a quick ready to eat fast food they can feed to there partners and chicks.

Thanks for your reply.
So in your view it is a matter of cold weather ?
I'm not covering the cage.Cages are inside shed and shed is covered properly.Temperatures inside shed remains between 12-16.
Boxes aren't insulated.And how to prepare that scrambled eggs ?
I will start feeding them as soon as this would be replied.
Thanks once again.

Thanks for your reply.
So in your view it is a matter of cold weather ?
I'm not covering the cage.Cages are inside shed and shed is covered properly.Temperatures inside shed remains between 12-16.
Boxes aren't insulated.And how to prepare that scrambled eggs ?
I will start feeding them as soon as this would be replied.
Thanks once again.

I have to presume that if the temperature is inside a shed that we may be confused because you haven't said if this is Celcuis or F. Im presuming C which is 50-60F I would prefer to keep the temp a little higher if I know I have birds on nests. If the birds look lethargic and are fluffed up then they are spending more time keeping themselves warm then caring for the chicks.

I have chickens so I just crack a few eggs whip them with a fork then microwave them for a few minutes. Stopping the microwave every 30 seconds and mixing with a fork until all the liquid is solid. By the time I get to the aviary the eggs are about 100 degrees F and they are normally eaten with in a few minutes. If I have the time I crack the eggs and then microwave just the shells for 10 seconds then crush them up in the blender and mix that back into the eggs before cooking. I have button quail to keep the aviary floor clean so I also use there eggs as they seem to lay in any weather.

I have to presume that if the temperature is inside a shed that we may be confused because you haven't said if this is Celcuis or F. Im presuming C which is 50-60F I would prefer to keep the temp a little higher if I know I have birds on nests. If the birds look lethargic and are fluffed up then they are spending more time keeping themselves warm then caring for the chicks.

I have chickens so I just crack a few eggs whip them with a fork then microwave them for a few minutes. Stopping the microwave every 30 seconds and mixing with a fork until all the liquid is solid. By the time I get to the aviary the eggs are about 100 degrees F and they are normally eaten with in a few minutes. If I have the time I crack the eggs and then microwave just the shells for 10 seconds then crush them up in the blender and mix that back into the eggs before cooking. I have button quail to keep the aviary floor clean so I also use there eggs as they seem to lay in any weather.

Many thanks yet again for taking some time out to answer my query.
Well it is in fact 12-16 degrees Celsius.Most of the time pair is inside box so don't see them too often sitting lethargically with feathers fluffed.It really doesn't seem to be a matter of cold weather as many fanceirs have maintained temperatures inside shed between 22-25.But they too are facing the same problem.
So you advise me to keep it a bit more warmer around 20-22 ?
I will start them giving that scrambled eggs right away.

Back
Top Bottom