Hatching problems

I would also try for 16C. The temp inside the nest box is probably more important than the outside air temp. After my birds finish laying I normally add extra shavings as the hens seem to throw everything out before laying. Have you heard of anyone having better luck with different style boxes or different bedding materials.

Another thing to look at could be vitamins problems with the parent bird if the shed does not have natural light. This would probably show up weeks after they are locked up then weeks later in the eggs. Vitamins are always questionable as there's no way to judge if you are causing a problem or solving it. What kind of lighting do you use (if you are using clear plastic roofing do you know if the brand is uv blocking?)

I would also try for 16C. The temp inside the nest box is probably more important than the outside air temp. After my birds finish laying I normally add extra shavings as the hens seem to throw everything out before laying. Have you heard of anyone having better luck with different style boxes or different bedding materials.

Another thing to look at could be vitamins problems with the parent bird if the shed does not have natural light. This would probably show up weeks after they are locked up then weeks later in the eggs. Vitamins are always questionable as there's no way to judge if you are causing a problem or solving it. What kind of lighting do you use (if you are using clear plastic roofing do you know if the brand is uv blocking?)

Thanks for your reply.
Well first thing is that roof is covered and there is no direct sunlight inside the shed.
I'm giving them soluvite d breeder by vetafarm and also clacivet occasionally also by vetafarm Australia.
Yes you are absolutely right in saying that its difficult to judge whether vitamins you are giving is creating problem or solving it.
From now on temperature inside shed would be 16,17 in daylight and 10-12 at nights.
Would you suggest me to heat up the shed with some heater or coals ?
If yes then humidity would definitely be decrease.
How to manage humidity then ?
Humidity yesterday was upto 80s as it was quiet cloudy outside but now it is 70.
If coldness is the real issue then i should heat them up right ?

Back
Top Bottom