Hatching Problems

Amanda9967

Hatching
Mar 26, 2016
Hi!

I have a question. We're incubating eggs from or backyard for the first time. All the eggs are fertile. We saw regular movement before lockdown.

Yesterday evening (7 pm), our first egg hatched. It is now 12:18 pm the next day and no other eggs even pipped (yesterday was day 21in the incubator). The one chick is doing great, but we just noticed our wire for the thermometer was moved by the chick and was reading the temperature incorrectly. It was actually 105 degrees in there. Did we just fry our chicks?

I accidentally left the thermometer on the outside of the bator 2 days before hatch ( I have some that still need to be turned ) .. when I realized it and put it back in there, it was 104; I have 1 chick that hatched yesterday ( day 21 ) , and 2 more still coming.. *hopefully!! good luck!

Hi!

I have a question. We're incubating eggs from or backyard for the first time. All the eggs are fertile. We saw regular movement before lockdown.

Yesterday evening (7 pm), our first egg hatched. It is now 12:18 pm the next day and no other eggs even pipped (yesterday was day 21in the incubator). The one chick is doing great, but we just noticed our wire for the thermometer was moved by the chick and was reading the temperature incorrectly. It was actually 105 degrees in there. Did we just fry our chicks?
Did you turn up the temp before you realized the probe had been moved?
Turn it back down and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom