Have I lost my mind?

ShellLea

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 25, 2012
Canton, Ohio
So I ordered my chicks and they are set for pick ups on April 1st and June 3rd. A total of 30-something birds. My daughter is having a baby in June. I will be taking care of the baby while she works and goes to school. I took in a 5 month old while her mother is incarcerated. She should be out this summer, but that doesn't mean she will be ready to take care of her baby. She will have to find a place to stay, and get all the necessary baby furniture, and get her finances together, and build a bond with her baby, all before she can take her back. I have five children of my own, a pregnant cat, and a huge family that makes their way to eat at my house a few times a week. My living room is being converted into a bedroom and I bought a bigger dining room table to make room for a high chair. We're painting the house and building a brooder. I should be overwhelmed. I'm actually having a wonderful time. So, have I lost my mind?

If you set up your chicken facilities right, they are actually not much work each day. Get BIG feeders and waterers so that you are not constantly filling them. Make your coop easy to clean. Having a plan and being organized saves you so much time and labor.

Well, the baby got sick so I haven't been on in a while. I've been planning for the chickens since fall so that's been done for months now :) I think having the baby here is a huge blessing. For some reason it keeps my distractable husband focused. Thanks guys, have a great Monday!

I think that I really like you.
hugs.gif
You are living a full life!

What a busy lady! How lovely that you have been kind enough to shelter a baby who was clearly in great need. I do really believe that what goes around, comes around and people will not forget your positive influence in their lives. Your personal happiness obviously lays in your ability to serve others. Bless you!

Sounds like you thrive under pressure! I know I get more done and am my happiest when I'm busy. Sounds like you're leading a very filling and blessed life.
smile.png

Thank you both! I'm definitely a believer in karma. And pressure is a great motivator, lol! The kiddo is thriving and the work around here is coming along. You wouldn't believe how many people are pitching in so that I can get everything ready for spring chicks and planting. That would be the comes around part :)

Back
Top Bottom