have to ask why ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm.png
Sorry you feel that way, sometimes its hard to know exactly what a person is thinking when they post.
You can't see a person's face...

I went through a couple of your previous threads, I don't see anything mean. Can you be more specific?

Some folk (and I've done it too) reply in a real hurry - and it can sound really blunt and perhaps mean.... I don't think anyone means it to be so......

big_smile.png

I for one have enjoyed this site in the few days I've been here. I have asked questions that I'm sure have sounded stupid to some and rambled on about things some might not care about, but the info and answers I've received have been outstanding!! Thanks to all who have helped me put my mind at ease about my new hobby. I've wanted chickens all my life and this forum has really helped me.

First I would like to say, like others, I agree that if you have received any emails that were over the line, that you need to forward to the mods.
Second, please don't stop coming..........this is a wonderfully site , full of tons of advice and wisdom and humor........... stick it out.......you won't be sorry........ I have had the same thing happen and I totally ignored the negative..........it is a public forum and so you will have things happen as you do anywhere in real life........some aren't worth worring about.......others are dealt with............ I myself answer only the ones I have a clue about.........those are not many......as I am learning also.........
And it is true...........at night , well, in my experience........the friends I talk to then, it is more light hearted fun.........guess I enjoy that alot because I am not this all wise chicken person and can answer and play with the posts then......that is NOT to say ,that at night,there is no "real" chicken advice needed or given, but for me it is play time
big_smile.png

We love having you........stay and enjoy and learn please
hugs.gif

I just wanted to say that this place seems really nice so far; granted I am a newbie, but have been lurking for a bit. That's also not to say what you are receiving via email and pm though-I do agree with others, that they may need to be forwarded to a mod, just so they know if someone is "trolling" or whatever.

I'm a member of several forums, especially with my hobbies, lol! I have my chickens, and I also collect Breyer horses (3 forums I visit regularly) and My Little Ponies *blushes* another 3 forums, at least...and one of them is pretty harsh
smile.png
I hope you can stick it out, and enjoy the good points of this site.

Dawn

I looked back at a lot of your threads. What I see is that you post a lot in the Buy, Sell, Trade, Giveaway section, selling hatching eggs. In just about every thread there are posts from people saying that the breed that you think you have is not the breed you say. Are people emailing and PMing you about the breeds? I'm confused I guess. You're selling hatching eggs at a decent price, you're also showing pictures of the roos and hens and even pictures of the chicks. Even if they are cross breeds why does anyone think they have the right to contact you with negative comments?! Forward all emails to the Mods. It sounds to me that people are just jealous that you have such beautiful chickens...mixed or not.

Lanna, I think I read what this was about. Hang in there. You have alot more friends than enemies here!
hugs.gif

You are always honest and upfront--thats what counts (in my book, anyways)

As others have said, I'm very sorry you had a rude introduction to the site. I hope you stick around long enough to find that the vast majority of folks on here are very sweet, some of the others are sarcastic but harmless
tongue.png
, and only a very few are mean.

As for the fads and fashions of breeding and pedigree (chickens, horses, dogs, whatever it may be), I think most humans put way too much emphasis on "purebreds". Nature exists in infinite diversity, and I'm a firm believer in hybrid vigor. If you are producing birds that are healthy, long-lived, and give good eggs or meat, then you are doing just fine!

I am also sorry for your bad time. I can relate to what some have said...feeling left out. But I'm not on here as much as most, I don't know people by anything other than their screen names. So I guess those that do know first names have developed a friendship over time.
Report anything out of line to the mods. That's what they are there for.
As far as the chat room at night. I think it's a hoot!!
lau.gif
I'm always welcomed whenever I might pop in. I think it's hilarious when a boo-coo of people are on there, trying to keep up with the topics.
Take all comments with a cup of salt. Sometimes a grain won't do. (Not to impede your comment Queen of the Lilliputians )

Lanna, I'm glad you're here with us. You're one of the sweetest people I know! If someone is personally being unkind to you through emails, etc, please let us know. We are all so different and come to this forum from diverse backgrounds and experiences and yours is just as valid as anyone else's here. Why anyone would put you down for hatching crossbreed chickens is beyond me-I have them myself and so do many who sell hatching eggs on here almost daily. And I certainly hope you never felt slighted by me personally. Sometimes I get so busy going through all the posts on here, that I'm sure I probably overlook things.
hugs.gif

hey lannabun, i hope you're feeling better today.

i first met you at the other board and always enjoy your comments. you are one of the sweetest people on these boards around here. keep your chin up!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom