Have you ever reported an E-Bay listing for using your stolen picture?

This is one of the problems with posting pictures on the internet. Once they are are out here, you can't take them back and they no longer really belong to you. While I don't like what this seller is doing, I don't think that he/she's doing something that he can be accountable for. Sorry.
I do think that it's still my picture, not his, even if I posted it online. And, the fact that he's passing the bird off as his and getting $$ from unsuspecting people for his eggs should be something he should answer for, that's what's bothering me. If he had put it on his website to show what the bird should look like, I would be proud.

Unfortunately, this is why I watermark anymore. But I agree, your pictures, your property, no different than if you wrote a book, it was posted on kindle or such and then someone stole and claimed it as their own.

I understand that but even putting it on it now, maybe someone will see his and then see yours and realize his is not really his. Make since? I almost confused myself.
I thought of doing that, since I really should be selling my eggs. I would just wait until he listed then post mine to end just after his, lol! But, I live in MD and am not NPIP and think it's required to sell hatching eggs? I'm too busy right now to get it done, but can do it within a few weeks.

I am glad to hear you have reported him/her, I would bet they do not even have eggs to sell, but just scamming people. I have seen a few people pop up that screams scam and shows in their feedback. One in particular says they ship all over the world. How legal is that?

I thought of doing that, since I really should be selling my eggs. I would just wait until he listed then post mine to end just after his, lol! But, I live in MD and am not NPIP and think it's required to sell hatching eggs? I'm too busy right now to get it done, but can do it within a few weeks.
Nope. On Ebay you can sell without the NPIP. A lot of people do it.

ADD: I know that there are laws that people are supposed to abide by but this is one that a LOT of people are able to squeak by with. I know more people selling EBAY that are not certified than are. They just don't mention it one way or another on their postings.

Last edited:
I hope you get to make it right somehow. Ebay is a double edged sword for sure. Ive bought some nice eggs from ebay, this year in fact but I just got the worst batch of BCM eggs Ive ever saw from ebay. On a whim I bought a doz+ of BCM's. Honestly I would have been ashamed to send the eggs they did..2's(if there is such a thing)3's and maybe two 4's in the whole bunch..No dang way they stay in my houses. Ill hatch them and sell to someone local for laying chickens that I know wont try to pass them off or dosnt care about breed.

Hmm, all very interesting. I will let you know if anything else happens with this. (His current batch has no bids and ends tomorrow.)

Back
Top Bottom